A modular helmet is more than a protective gear for the bikers. It is a universal design of helmet that fits all biking occasions. Whether you are an adventure rider or a commuter, a modular helmet is always the top-up option for riding. From the inner to its outer, the modular helmet carries an exquisite vibe of safety that greatly benefit the fast riders.
We all know how important a helmet is in the daily life of bikers. Even the safety rules don’t allow a biker to ride on the road without a proper helmet as a protective measure. In that case, every rider is bound to buy a motorcycle helmet.
Some purchase the modular helmet as an inspirational addition to their biking gears. While some purchase a modular helmet only to carry the safety rules for riding a bike. Whatever your reason is, if you are getting a modular helmet, try to strive for quality. Here are some modular motorcycle helmets from top brands that are top-notch when it comes to safety.
Here is a list of Best Motorcycle Modular Helmet in 2021 & 2022
- Shoei Excursion Neotec 2 Modular Motorcycle Helmet
- ScorpionExo EXO-GT920 Full Face Modular Helmet
- HELM AGV Unisex-Adult Flip-Up Sport Modular Motorcycle Helmet
- NEXX X.Vilitur Modular Motorcycle Helmet
- Nolan N100-5 Motorcycle Helmet
- AGV Unisex Flip-Up Sport Modular Motorcycle Helmet
- Shoei Hornet X2 Helmet
The Neotec modular helmet is the pride of motorcyclists and ranks as the highest-selling helmet Scorpion Exo modular helmet gives styles in addition to protection. The AGV modular flip-up helmet is specifically for the sports rider The X.Vilitur is the first model of the modular flip-up helmet from the NEXX brand If you want to follow the reviews to get a modular helmet,Nolan N100-5 will get the most proactive reviews This sports model of AGV modular helmet usually lies in the high-end category The Shoei Hornet modular helmet has a stylish cruiser type design that attracts bikers and cut through the airflow
Best Modular Motorcycle Helmet
The Neotec modular helmet is the pride of motorcyclists and ranks as the highest-selling helmet
Scorpion Exo modular helmet gives styles in addition to protection.
The AGV modular flip-up helmet is specifically for the sports rider
The X.Vilitur is the first model of the modular flip-up helmet from the NEXX brand
If you want to follow the reviews to get a modular helmet,Nolan N100-5 will get the most proactive reviews
This sports model of AGV modular helmet usually lies in the high-end category
The Shoei Hornet modular helmet has a stylish cruiser type design that attracts bikers and cut through the airflow
Shoei Excursion 2 Modular Helmet
- There are inner and outer exhaust holes in the helmet for ventilation
- The premium quality of expanded polystyrene in the helmet provides increased safety
- The helmet is lightweight to make the rider comfortable without pressuring his head
- The inner liner of the modular helmet has ergonomic design with high comfort level
- The design of the liner is 3D compatible with eyeglass
- The outer shell of this modular flip helmet contains dual layers of EPS
- The weight of this modular motorcycle helmet is 5 lbs.
- The construction of the modular flip helmets meets the standards of FMVSS 218
The Neotec modular helmet is the pride of motorcyclists and ranks as the highest-selling helmet. The Neotec 2 is more like an upgraded form of its predecessors and shows a noticeable improvement in its quality. The expanded polystyrene used in the helmet is lightweight and highly durable for additional safety.
- Quite design
- Dual-layer EPS
- DOT certification
- Proper ventilation and breathable
- The neck straps of this motorcycle modular flip helmet are uncomfortable
The Neotec 2 has a reputation as one of the best rated modular helmets for bikers.It’s not only safe but is also very comfortable for long haul rides. The helmet has a modular full-face design that provides added protection to the rider.
ScorpionExo EXO-GT920 Modular Helmet
- The visor and overall design of the modular helmet contains a fog-free technology
- There is a 100% protective UV-A and UV-B coating on the outer surface of this motorcycle helmet
- The coating of this helmet has resistance against scratches
- The overall helmet has the dual layers of polycarbonate coverage for reducing impact
- The liner of the modular motorcycle helmet has the anti-microbial padding
- The inner cushy padding of the modular motorcycle helmet is removable and machine washable
Scorpion Exo modular helmet gives styles in addition to protection. It has an admiring design with a matte black covering that looks stunning while riding your bike. The helmet contains a modular full-face design that comprehensively coversa greater demand. Secondly, the motorcycle helmet has a unisex design that both men and women can wear with style.
- Advanced polycarbonate shell
- Multiple outer coating
- Anti-scratch coating
- UV protection
- Retractable visor
- Removable and washable liner
- Unisex design
- Minimize impact
- Highly durable
- Off-road riding is not a strong point of this modular motorcycle helmet
The motorcycle modular helmet shell contains advanced polycarbonate fiber in its manufacturing. There are multiple polycarbonate coatings on the outer surface to strengthen its durability. The modular helmet’s additional feature includes its anti-scratch and UV protective layer that prolong its utility.
AGV Unisex Sport Modular Helmet
- The outer shell and the chin part of the helmet contains pure carbon fiber
- The motorcycle helmet design focuses on the comfort and safety of the rider
- The wide windscreen of the modular motorcycle helmet offers the 190-degree of horizontal view
- The inner material of this modular motorcycle helmet contains EPS
- The inner and outer exhausts of the helmet contain IVS
- The 5-density structure of EPS absorbs the impact and reduces damage
- The aerodynamic shape of the AGV modular helmet provides a quieter environment for riding
- The chin frame distributes the flow of air on the helmet visor evenly
The AGV modular flip-up helmet is specifically for the sports rider. Yes, you heard me right, this helmet has a unique sports design that makes your thrilling rides more adventurous. In the previous eras, riders claimed that their helmet was safe but was not comfortable enough for sports. The AGV modular motorcycle helmet has additional cushioning,especially for sports riders.
- Pure carbon fiber manufacturing
- Lighten the shoulder strain
- Aerodynamic shape
- Noise reduction design
- Compatible for sports riders
- Italian manufacturer
- Unisex design
- Intelligent ventilation system
- Slightly costly
The helmet comes in an aerodynamic shape that precisely cuts through airflow. You get to enjoy a quiet ride as the AGV modular helmet decreases the outside noises. One more exciting feature of this helmet is its lightweight that significantly reduces the stress over your shoulders.
NEXX X.Vilitur Modular Motorcycle Helmet
- The helmet comes with intermediate oval shape that is like a universal fit design for most riders
- The protective shell of the modular helmet contains multiaxial fiberglass and aramid fibers of carbon
- The 3D organic fibers in the outer layer of helmet makes it stronger
- The modular helmet has a light frame with its ultra-quiet design
- The helmet meets all the DOT and ECE standards of safety
- The modular helmet has double pivot with enhanced 360-degrees double lock for protection
The X.Vilitur is the first model of the modular flip-up helmet from the NEXX brand. It has a generous contribution to the widespread fame of NEXX. You can say, as being its first model, this modular helmet has the most exquisite features.The thrilling facts of this helmet include its lightweight and affordable price despite its premium quality.
- Adjustable chin
- Breathable guard
- Highly protective
- Reliable durability
- DOT/ECE certification
- Sun visor
- Compatible with Bluetooth intercom
- You have to purchase the intercom separately
It is one of the most effective protective helmets as its outer shell contains a mixture of all three high-quality materials. The modular motorcycle helmet contains fiberglass, polycarbonate, and glass fiber for its external case.
The modular helmet has an intermediate oval design that fits around 80% of the riders.
Nolan N100-5 Motorcycle Helmet
- The shell of the helmet has polycarbonate material with multiple layers for protection
- The modular bike helmet comes with all the safety measures issued by the DOT and ECE
- The chin guard of this modular helmet has the dual action opening system
- The breathable liner reduces noise and eliminates the risk of suffocation
- There is advanced air booster technology in the modular helmet for ventilation
- The liner of this modular bike helmet is washable, removable, and comfortable
- The helmet comes with cheek pad having single-block design
If you want to follow the reviews to get a modular helmet,Nolan N100-5 will get the most proactive reviews. Whether it’s the quality of the protective capabilities, bikers are praising this helmet everywhere. The Nolan modular flip-up helmet gives you the actual value of your money.
Besides its other attractions, the helmet gives an extraordinarily comfortable feel to the rider by reducing stress.
- Quiet design
- Breathable inner
- Washable inner
- Comfortable padding
- Disperse impact
- Air booster technology
- High-quality liner and shell
- Excellent protection
- DOT approved
- Value for money
- It is only compatible with Nolen communication system
People who avoid using helmets due to the stuffy feeling can use this Nolan modular helmet. Its excellent breath ability allows you to breathe in fresh air without feeling suffocated. This modular bike helmet is quite dependable for its ventilation and noise reduction.
AGV Unisex Modular Motorcycle Helmet
- The sturdy construction of the modular helmet containing pure carbon fiber that brings confidence in riders
- The multiple density EPS padding can absorb even the heaviest impact
- The overall shell and visor of the modular helmet feature anti-scratch properties
- The helmet contains the smart ventilation system for excellent airflow
- The chin strap has proper design to distribute the airflow evenly
- The modular motorcycle helmet also includes a removable sun visor
- The aerodynamic design of this modular motorbike helmet provide stability
This sports model of AGV modular helmet usually lies in the high-end category. The design and color combo of this helmet matches the taste of sports riders. Besides, this model has a sophisticated frame that covers safety despite its lightweight. This AGV motorcycle modular helmet typically has a compact design to fit sport riders’ needs.
- Flawless protection
- Compatible with high-speed riding
- Compact design
- Lightweight frame
- Sophisticated design
- 100% carbon fiber
- 5-density EPS covering
- Noise reduction model
- Resistance against scratch
- DOT and ECE approved
- Integrated ventilation system
- The helmet is not very quiet at high-speed setting
When you consider this modular helmet’s advantages, you end up admiring it. Starting from its safety, it has multiple inner and outer layers to ensure the ultimate protection. The helmet also provides a 190-degree view that broadens your visual contact while riding. One of the modular helmet features includes the titanium double retention system.
Shoei Hornet X2 Helmet
- The hybrid design of the modular helmet allows you to ride on and off-road
- The helmet features a unique aerodynamic style that retain balance and stability during speedy rides
- The model exhibits an improved ventilation system
- The inner of the modular helmet is comfortable and airy
- The V-460 visor of this modular bike helmet has wide viewing angle
- The overall design of this modular helmet equally distributes the flow of air
- The multigrade wind shutter of the helmet also accounts its durability in all weathers
- The modular motorcycle helmet weighs 5.9 lbs.
The Shoei Hornet modular helmet has a stylish cruiser type design that attracts bikers and cut through the airflow. Mostly helmet comes with the limitation when it comes to the off-road biking. But this modular helmet is perfect for adventure riding, cursing, and street riding. The modular helmet caters to dual sports enthusiasts with its protection on all types of biking journeys.
- Compatible for all road types
- Attractive design
- Hybrid helmet
- Retractable sun visor
- Quietest model
- Advance ventilation
- DOT certified
- Chin protection
- Enhanced stability
- The helmet is slightly heavier compared to others
The overall modular helmet has a hard shell that prevents bruises and absorbs impact. Its inner comes loaded with multiple layers to protect the rider’s head section completely. It has proper ventilation for you to catch your breath during the ride.
Buying Guide For Best Modular Motorcycle Helmet
The properties of modular helmets are quite the same and have distinctive features from a full face and open face helmet. Compared to an open face helmet, a modular helmet is more practical.
The best-rated modular flip helmet should have the following features.
You shouldn’t neglect the DOT or ECE certification for purchasing a motorcycle helmet as a rider. A helmet with proper certification can become a life savior if you even happen to slide during your ride.
Generally, the weight of modular is more than other helmets. It is better to look for a lightweight material that can reduce the stress on your neck. It is practical to get a modular helmet whose inner liner is removable for a comfortable wash. Also, add anti-bacterial, anti-moisture, and breathable traits to your helmet while purchasing it.
As a biker, you will spend a long time ridding, even if you are riding within a town or going for some biking adventures. Therefore, you can’t neglect the importance of your helmet shape. It is best to decide the shape of the helmet following your head size.
If your helmet shape and size is not compatible with your head, it can put unnecessary pressure on your head. You can opt for your modular helmet from the round oval and intermediate oval as an ideal helmet shape. But there is also a long oval design that you might find compatible with your head size.
The material of your helmet gives an overview of its quality. You should ask yourself whether the low-quality helmet can save you in the face of an accident? If you are getting a cheap helmet, it’s bound to have an unreliable quality frame. You can start with carbon fiber as they feature exceptional protective properties in a helmet. Some modern helmets also use composite fiberglass as a premium protective layer.
The motorcycle helmets containing polycarbonate are also quite reliable in absorbing impact during an accident. Try to get the best motorcycle helmet with excellent quality even if you have to pay a little more. Don’t compromise your safety over a bit of money.
Some of the best deals offer you the Bluetooth motorcycle helmet. Such helmets carry a separate space in their inner part to attach a Bluetooth device with your ear. The modular Bluetooth helmets are trendy as they exhibit the technological adaptation within biking gears. Although the best Bluetooth based helmets are quite expensive, they are worth the hype.
Every rider doesn’t need to get a modular helmet. There are multiple types of helmet design to act as your customized helmets based on your need. Some riders need a half-shell helmet, while some go for the full-face helmet. Some riders prefer modular and interchangeable helmets. Therefore, you should decide which type of helmet suits your taste the best, and then buy it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best modular motorcycle helmet?
As per the helmet reviewed by us, the Shoei Excursion Neotec 2 is the best possible helmet for riders. If you want to get the best motorcycle modular flip helmet for sport riders, the AGV is also an excellent option.
Are modular helmets good?
The modular helmets are pretty reliable in reality. As they feature a modular flip design based on full face and open face helmets, they are relatively safe and stylish. Besides, the breathability of the modular motorcycle helmet is also more practical.
What is the quietest modular motorcycle helmet?
Shoei Hornet X2 is a dependable modular full coverage helmet that reduces the outside noise to a large extent.
Are modular helmets noisy?
People claim that the modular helmet is noisy due to its airy design. But it’s not always a practical claim, as the modular helmet with widescreen is usually quiet.
How can I make my motorcycle helmet quieter?
As long as your modular helmet is a perfect fit with widescreen, it will be a quiet helmet. You can wear earmuffs or a scarf underneath your modular helmet for additional noise reduction traits.
Although getting a motorcycle helmet concerns safety,it is also a matter of your comfort. While getting a motorcycle helmet,you should also add on your convenience, as you will use it whenever you ride. A modular helmet design infuses the concept of full face and open face helmets to provide comfort to the rider. The additional factor is that some modular flip helmet exhibits the best Bluetooth compatibility.
All these mentioned helmets are excellent in protecting you during your biking adventures. We have thoroughly explained every aspect to give you a brief concept about modular motorcycle helmets. Now you can conveniently select your modular helmet by considering its crucial elements.
I hope you find this review useful in selecting a modular helmet for your recent biking adventures.