The riders with heavy-duty load-bearing bikes have ample space to keep saddlebags. But what about the riders with light-duty motorcycles? And truthfully, even the commute rider will need a motorcycle backpack to keep their stuff. Whether you are an adventure rider or a university student, the motorcycle backpack will come in handy.
The motorbike backpack gives you multiple advantages by keeping your essential gears safe and secure. Having a bag lets you take all of your necessary stuff with you on your rides. And it has become a trend to bring a motorcycle backpack whenever you go for your motorcycle riding.
Many students prefer to keep a motorcycle bag where they can keep their laptop and other necessary things. But selecting the right motorcycle backpack has become quite confusing because there are many brands in the market. Let’s take a peek at the best motorcycle backpacks that are all-time favorable for riders.
Here is a list of Best Motorcycle Backpacks in 2021 & 2022
- OGIO Mach 1 Motorcycle Backpack
- Klim Krew Pak Backpack
- Chrome Motor Barrage Waterproof Backpack
- OGIO All Elements Waterproof Backpack
- Goldfire Waterproof Expandable Backpack
- Nelson-Rigg SE-3040 Waterproof Backpack
- KINGSLONG Motorcycle Backpack
When you consider the motorcycle backpack market, OGIO is literally a tycoon in that area By the looks of this bag, you can assume that it’s a perfect fit as a hiking backpack The Chrome offers a moto motorcycle messenger backpack with the industrial-scale of durability. The OGIO all-element backpack is a perfect delight for sports riders So, if you want a backpack that can keep your helmet, then Goldfire is the premium choice for you The Nelson-Rigg motorcycle backpack has the largest capacity of all the other biking bags. KINGSLONG motorcycle backpack has a dynamic design that lets you use it for all these occasions
Best Motorcycle Backpack
When you consider the motorcycle backpack market, OGIO is literally a tycoon in that area
By the looks of this bag, you can assume that it’s a perfect fit as a hiking backpack
The Chrome offers a moto motorcycle messenger backpack with the industrial-scale of durability.
The OGIO all-element backpack is a perfect delight for sports riders
So, if you want a backpack that can keep your helmet, then Goldfire is the premium choice for you
The Nelson-Rigg motorcycle backpack has the largest capacity of all the other biking bags.
KINGSLONG motorcycle backpack has a dynamic design that lets you use it for all these occasions
OGIO Mach 1 Motorcycle Backpack
- The backpacks have sternum straps for adding balance and stability to their frame
- The motorcycle backpack has an ergonomic design to prevent causing a scratch on your bike
- The shoulder gaskets of the motorcycle bag have padding for comfort
- The backpack has molded outer layer that can stand against rain and wind
- The motorcycle backpacks weigh 1 lb.
- The motorbike backpack has a stealth black covering
- The motorbike backpack offers 22 Oz. of capacity
- The backpack offers an aerodynamic design to withstands wind flow
When you consider the motorcycle backpack market, OGIO is literally a tycoon in that area. The OGIO motorcycle Backpack has a bold design that is famous for its unrivaled durability. The backpack carries ergonomic features and has an advanced technical frame.
Secondly, the OGIO Match 1 backpack makes its way towards the comfort of the rider. It repeatedly relaxes your shoulder muscles through the plushy padding. It is one of the best cheap motorcycle backpacks.
- Padded straps
- Bold and ergonomic design
- Removable hip straps
- Highly durable
- Ample space
- Wind resistant
- The waist strap of the motorcycle backpack may seem short for fat people
If you have a laptop or tablet, you can carry it around in this backpack. You can also keep your wallet and keys in the bag to keep them safe and secure. The space capacity of this motorcycle backpack is yet another admirable feature. You can hold loads of stuff in this bag conveniently.
Klim Krew Pak Backpack
- There are upper pockets in the biking backpack for keeping lenses and goggles
- The backpack comes with a hip belt for better adjustment
- There are dual pockets on the hip belt of the backpack
- The backpack has a stable design to avoid air gaps
- There are mud and water-resistant gear pockets in the backpack
- The backpack has a broad base with water resistance
- The backpack has an internal clip for attaching keys
- There is a laptop sleeve in the backpack with padded protection
- There is a total of 3 litters of hydration reserve in this motorcycle backpack
By the looks of this bag, you can assume that it’s a perfect fit as a hiking backpack. It’s like a beat that can swallow everything you put in it without any inconvenience. This backpack review has been praised for its large capacity and durable functioning.
The most appealing trait of this backpack is the insane industrial strength. Therefore, if you are going for adventure tours or hiking, this backpack is a reliable option.
- Industrial durability
- Effective capacity
- Hip belt
- Multiple inner gear pockets
- Glove compatible zipper
- Adjustment straps
- Emergency whistle
- Goggle storage
- Only the base of the motorcycle backpack is waterproof
You can now prepare for your long-haul adventure rides without missing your riding gears. The multiple side pockets of this motorcycle backpack allow you to keep minimal stuff like googles. You can also put your hiking tools in this backpack with ease. You can also use the zipper of this motorcycle backpack when your gloves are still on.
Chrome Motor Barrage Waterproof Backpack
- The motorcycle backpack can offer 22 liters of capacity
- The backpack has nylon construction
- The weight of this motorbike backpack is 2.5 lbs.
- There are durable shoulder straps on the bag for carrying it
- The motorcycle backpack comes with multiple utility pockets
- The bag carries a tool panel for easy access to your riding tools
- The motorcycle backpack features a sternum strap and small seat belt for ideal adjustment
The Chrome offers a moto motorcycle messenger backpack with the industrial-scale of durability. Also, the biking backpack has a unique top-up design with waterproofing material. The motorbike bag has a nylon material and comes with a rounded buckle closure system.
The backpack keeps your stuff intact and doesn’t cause a wiggle on the off-road riding tours.
- Nylon manufacturing
- Abrasion resistance
- Industrial durability
- Roll-up design
- Buckle closure system
- Large capacity
- Laptop style bag
- Weight distribution straps
- Tool panel
- Ergonomic design
- None we could observe
The tour riders usually opt for this backpack style to keep their tour necessities. The motorcycle bag is one of the best waterproof backpacks out there in the market. You can also keep your laptop in the backpack as it has the ideal height for laptops and tablets.
OGIO All Elements Waterproof Backpack
- The capacity of the sports bag is 26 liters
- This backpack weighs 2.5 lbs.
- The backpack has a 360-degree reflective screen
- The riding bag imparts waterproofing from the base of material down to its seams
- The liner on the motorcycle backpack is removable
- The motorcycle backpack doesn’t imprint scratch due to its ergonomic design
- There are organized gear pockets in this motorcycle sports backpack
- The motorcycle backpack has a strap containment system for secure fastening
- The motorcycle backpack has a middle strap for adjusting the bag with your body
The OGIO all-element backpack is a perfect delight for sports riders. It has a sack-like design and proves to be a handy gadget in terms of its space carrying features. This backpack also has a top-up style but also exhibits a reflective screen of 360 degrees.
You can keep all of your riding or hiking gear in the rear compartment of this bag. Furthermore, the frame of this backpack can win against the harshness of the weather.
- 360-degree reflective screen
- Huge capacity
- Suitable for sports riding
- Top-up design
- Waterproof construction
- Durable straps
- Gear pockets
- Laptop sleeves
- The backpack has stealth vibes and is not very visible
There is a specific sleeve compartment in this backpack for keeping your laptop or mini-book. The straps of this backpack are well-built and don’t come off at high-speed riding. This backpack is on par with the Cucyma motorcycle backpack.
Goldfire Waterproof Expandable Backpack
- The helmet backpack has nylon manufacturing
- The backpack can carry the stuff up to 26 litters
- The weight of the helmet backpack is 1.9 lbs.
- The backpack comes with dual shoulder straps
- There is a single waist strap in the moto backpack for adjusting it
- The motorcycle backpack has a MOLLE system for clipping other bags with it
- The backpack design makes it suitable for hiking, camping, and touring ack has a MOLLE system to attach additional bags with it
- The motorcycle backpack has oversized storage compartments
- There are reflective safety strips on the motorcycle backpack for visibility
So, if you want a backpack that can keep your helmet, then Goldfire is the premium choice for you. Rather than locking your helmet on your motorbike, keeping it in your bag is more secure.
The Goldfire motorcycle backpack is relatively lightweight with the same capacity as offered by other brands.
- Helmet pocket
- Retractable straps
- One year warranty
- MOLLE system
- Breathable mesh
- Padded shoulder and back
- Nylon construction
- The helmet straps are tough to buckle up because of their angled position
The helmet pocket in this military motorcycle backpack is retractable. You can loosen the straps of your helmet pocket when you are not using it. The backpack MOLLE system lets you attach a kettle bag, gears, and flashlight along with it.
Nelson-Rigg SE-3040 Waterproof Backpack
- This motorcycle backpack has a load capacity of around 40 litters
- There are multiple waists and chest straps in the motorcycle backpack for stability
- There are multiple side pockets in this traveling backpack
- The total weight of this motorcycle backpack is 1.5 lbs.
- The traveling backpack comes in a universal fit design
- There are adjustment straps to fit the bag on every body type
- The bag is compatible with multiple sports and touring activities
The Nelson-Rigg motorcycle backpack has the largest capacity of all the other biking bags. Also, the motorcycle backpack has a tail design with a waterproofing cover. In addition to its space, stabilization and balancing are also its highlighted attractions for the riders.
The motorcycle bag has lightweight construction as its overall load capacity is higher.
- Lightweight material
- Quality material
- Well-balanced backpack
- Immense load capacity
- Chest and waist straps
- Mesh fabric
- Cushion padding
- Multiple pockets
- Relaxing shoulder straps
- Slightly expensive
The motorcycle bag pack has a versatile range of space pouches that can keep all sizes of stuff. You can also put in the laptops or the small keys without fear of losing them. There are separate small pouches to keep little things so you can effectively find them.
The backpack has weather resistance and comes with multiple closure systems for keeping your belongings safe.
KINGSLONG Motorcycle Backpack
- The bag has durable shoulder straps
- This biking bag has a zipper closure to keeping stuff secure
- The polyester material makes this outdoor backpack waterproof
- It weighs 1.97 lbs.
- This bag has the 600D slim film covering material
- The backpack corresponds to the high-quality manufacturing containing EVA material
- The straps and side pockets of the bags are elastic
- The load capacity of the bag is 222 lbs.
- There is a USB charge port in this backpack
- This bag features an 18-month warranty to the riders
Do you want a backpack that can be used for traveling, motorcycle riding, and gaming? KINGSLONG motorcycle backpack has a dynamic design that lets you use it for all these occasions.
What’s more, the motorcycle backpack has an aerodynamic shape to resist wind flow. The durability of this storage gear is remarkable. You can bring this bag with you on multiple touring occasions without fail.
- Outdoor backpack
- Aerodynamic shape
- Durable seams
- Elastic straps
- Flexible side mesh pockets
- Thick straps
- Breathable padding
- 18 months warranty
- High-quality polyester
- The zipper of this backpack is not highly durable
You can use this backpack for touring and university. It is one of those high-quality backpacks that let you charge your phone. There is a USB Type-C port in this bag for instant charging. There is a professional rain cover that comes along with this backpack.
Buying Guide For Best Motorcycle Backpacks
Now let’s proceed towards the essential features of the motorcycle backpacks. Firstly, you need to know why you require a motorcycle backpack while riding. You may question why you need to spend extra money on a motorcycle backpack when there are big ordinary bags at a reasonable price.
The features we are discussing draws a wedge between a motorcycle backpack and an ordinary carrying bag.
Safety is the essential feature whenever you consider purchasing a motorcycle backpack. If you are not careful enough, a bag-pack can twist your spinal cord during an accident. Therefore, the motorcycle bags are more secure than your average motorcycle bag.
Firstly, the shoulder straps of the motorbike backpacks are more adjustable and stiffer to avoid unbalancing. While the average bags usually form an air gap between the back of the riding bag and your body.
Secondly, the best motorcycle riding backpacks offers quite a lot of visibility. The bags come with visibility straps that enhance your presence while riding in dark areas.
Motorcycle riders should also consider whether they are comfortable while wearing a backpack. There are added cushion padding on the shoulder and back areas of the motorcycle bags. It keeps your spinal cord straight and relaxes your shoulders.
The best overall motorcycle bags help you in relieving the shoulder stress by their comfort padding.
Capacity refers to the inner space of your backpack. The ordinary bags come with two traditionally large zippers along with a small zipper.
But an average motorcycle backpack doesn’t follow this script. You will realize that a motorcycle backpack is not saggy. Regardless of how much stuff you put in the bag, its shape will stay the same.
You can look for the individual capacity of each compartment of your backpack before purchasing it.
Some backpacks come with separate space for your motorcycle helmet. When you are finally getting a riding bag pack, it’s best to get one that can accommodate your helmet as well.
You can also refer to such riding bags as helmet backpacks. Some come with a flexible mesh compartment for the helmet, while some offer straps for holding your motorcycle helmet.
Space for Accessories
There are some additional features that most motorcycle backpacks contain. Firstly, the sides of the riding bags include mesh pockets to keep your water bottle and umbrella. Also, the motorcycle backpacks have zipper areas for chagrining your cameras and cellphones as well.
Invest some of your money and time to get the waterproof backpack for motorcycle riding. When you probe for this feature in every biking gear, why leave your bag wet on rainy rides?
Try to secure the best waterproof backpack for yourself to use for a long time. The waterproof motorcycle bags are excellent against all weather types. Some bags come with an additional zipper layer for waterproofing. You can unfold the zipper layer to cover your backpack when it’s raining.
The racing motorcycle backpacks, along with the hiking backpacks, require a high level of durability. These bags often bear more wear and tear compared to other bags. So, try to get a motorcycle backpack with nylon or PVC construction.
These materials will make your motorbike bag durable, granting it an additional lifespan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to ride a motorcycle with a backpack?
Safety is a prominent concern of riders. And it’s common to question the safety-orientation of whichever biking gear you are using. The motorcycle backpacks are safe to use as they can carry a lot of stuff in a single place. It reduces the risk of accident that appears from your belongings falling off on the road in the absence of a proper backpack.
Why do bikers wear backpacks?
Bikers wear a backpack to keep their stuff in a secure place. Motorcycle riders also keep their touring stuff in their hiking backpack when they are off to an adventurous biking tour.
What brand makes the best backpacks?
The OGIO is among those biking brands that are acing the market demand of motorcycle backpack
What are the most durable backpacks?
You can say that Klim Krew is a highlighted option representing the durability of the motorcycle backpacks.
How do I strap my motorcycle backpack?
You can open the buckles of the motorcycle backpack to carry it on your back. Akin to other bags, a motorcycle backpack also features adjustable shoulder straps. You can also place the motorcycle helmet in your bag using the side straps.
By now, you might have grasped the essence and importance of having a motorcycle backpack with you. This recommendation list consists of practical based backpack reviews. Therefore, you can buy your next motorcycle backpack after thoroughly going through its specs and advantages.
You can also use helmet backpacks or hiking backpacks, depending on your riding preference. There is also a wide range of waterproof motorcycle bags that fall in the best overall ranking of the biking gears. Be it the racing motorcycle or the cruiser, having a backpack can save you from many struggles.
If not anything else, you can keep your biking tool kit in your backpack while going on the long-haul rides. However, it’s up to you to use your motorbike backpack, but it sure gives multiple advantages to the rider.