Are you also into the fun bike riding on the mountainous or snowy valley filled with the beauty of nature? The motorcycle helmet cameras are a perfect addition in your biking gear repertoire because it beautifies your adventurous ride. If you are an adventure rider, the desire to capture the beautiful track won’t be a foreign thing for you. Rather than only observing, why not capture those breathtaking tracks in a high-quality video.
The motorcycle helmet cameras can serve multiple purposes, but safety and entertainment carry the most weight. Even if you are obsessed with a tour documentary or wish to share the scenes with others, everything is possible. And as for safety, recording everything that your eyes see can become beneficial as a safety measure against unforeseen circumstances. The concern of selecting the best motorcycle helmet camera might hit you because of multiple scammers trading in the market.
We have performed thorough review-based research on motorcycle helmet cameras to let you select only the most suitable helmet camera.
Here is a list of Best Motorcycle Helmet Cameras in 2021 & 2022
- GoPro Hero5 Black
- Campark 4K
- GoPro Waterproof Digital Action Camera
- Dragon Touch 4K
- SENA PRISM TUBE 4.0
- AKASO EK7000 4K
- Crosstour Action Camera 14MP
- Contour ROAM3
The GoPro Hero5 is one of the helmet cameras with a small structure for ease of installation When you consider a helmet, cam loaded with goodies, the Campark attends to all of your desires GoPro is a famous brand for bikers’ digital helmet cameras. The HERO action camera is quite a good option among the multiple GoPro cameras. The video quality of the Dragon Touch camera features impressive modifications. If you want an action camera to mount on the handle, then the SENA PRISM is more of your taste AKASO EK7000 is one of the best-selling motorcycle helmet cameras due to its comfortable mounting and precise video quality. The Crosstour action camera is user adaptable, and you can use it for multiple purposes For the riders who want a price effective motorcycle camera, the Contour ROAM3 is quite a reasonable option
Best Motorcycle Helmet Cameras
The GoPro Hero5 is one of the helmet cameras with a small structure for ease of installation
When you consider a helmet, cam loaded with goodies, the Campark attends to all of your desires
GoPro is a famous brand for bikers’ digital helmet cameras. The HERO action camera is quite a good option among the multiple GoPro cameras.
The video quality of the Dragon Touch camera features impressive modifications.
If you want an action camera to mount on the handle, then the SENA PRISM is more of your taste
AKASO EK7000 is one of the best-selling motorcycle helmet cameras due to its comfortable mounting and precise video quality.
The Crosstour action camera is user adaptable, and you can use it for multiple purposes
For the riders who want a price effective motorcycle camera, the Contour ROAM3 is quite a reasonable option
GoPro Hero5 Black
- The action camera of Hero5 has small frame to fit with the helmet frame
- This helmet camera can make 4K HD video
- The motorcycle action helmet camera comes with the waterproof casing
- You can click a picture with 12MP of resolution using GoPro Hero5 helmet camera
- The touchscreen of this helmet camera makes it convenient to operate
- The motorcycle camera allows you to use Bluetooth, USB or Wi-Fi to connect it with your phone
- The screen of the motorcycle action camera is around 2 inches
- You can make laps shot through this helmet camera with 5 to 60 seconds of interval
The GoPro Hero5 is one of the helmet cameras with a small structure for ease of installation. Whether you take on this helmet camera for its video quality or the control features, it presents quite a sight. You can use this touch screen GoPro Hero5 motorcycle helmet camera for making videos and pictures during your journey. This motorcycle action camera’s video quality is eye candy for the bikers.
- High-quality pictures and videos
- Durable frame
- Small screen
- Laps shots
- Multiple connectivity options
- Touch screen
- Water-resistance is applicable up to 33 feet only
The connectivity phase of the motorcycle helmet camera makes it a user-friendly model. You can connect the helmet camera via Bluetooth, USB, or the internet to transfer data. The camera also adheres to the waterproof feature making it easy for you to record video in rain and snow.
- This Campark motorcycle action camera provides the 170 degrees field of view
- The motorcycle helmet camera comes with two batteries for long utility
- You can make 4K videos using this Campark helmet camera
- The motorcycle camera comes with the 30 frame per seconds to enhance its video clarity
- This motorcycle camera provides you the EIS even on bumpy rides
- You can use the Campark helmet cam for shooting video in rain and underwater
- The Campark action camera features the 2 inches of body with a wide lens
- You can set the controls of this Campark helmet camera through 2.4 G Wi-Fi remote controlling system
- The waterproof system allows you to use this action camera 40 meter under the water
When you consider a helmet, cam loaded with goodies, the Campark attends to all of your desires. It has an explicit field of view and can even click pictures more clearly. The Campark motorcycle helmet camera has a formidable resolution in video and image quality. Furthermore, you can use this camera to take a highly desirable underwater photo.
- Twin battery power
- Wide viewing angle
- 20MP picture clarity
- 4K video quality
- Electronic image stabilization
- Remote control functioning
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- You can either use mic or waterproof case of the Campark helmet action camera at a time
You can use the slow-motion feature to click multiple shots with utmost beauty in this helmet camera. Your bike throttling through the water patch can become a sight to see using this motorcycle action camera. The highly favorable features of this Campark motorcycle helmet cam also includes its wireless remote-control functioning.
GoPro Waterproof Digital Action Camera
- The GoPro HERO digital motorbike camera features a 2K video quality
- You can use the time-lapse feature of this motorcycle camera to make some thrilling videos
- You can connect this digital action camera through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- The compact design of this motorbike camera weighs 2.6 Oz.
- You can control all the commands of this motorcycle helmet camera through one button
- This motorcycle camera can capture picture with 8 MP of clarity
- You can use the photo burst with ten frames per second in this motorcycle helmet camera
- You can click the picture up to 33 feet within water using this digital helmet camera
GoPro is a famous brand for bikers’ digital helmet cameras. The HERO action camera is quite a good option among the multiple GoPro cameras. Comparatively, this helmet camera is economical compared to the latest HERO5 model and serves various features. The bikers usually like this small HERO helmet action camera due to its sturdy build and waterproofing case.
- Quality video
- Durable and waterproof frame
- Clear resolution
- Time-lapse video
- Compact and lightweight model
- User friendly
- The GoPro HERO helmet camera doesn’t feature the USB connection
- The video quality of this camera is only 2K
The GoPro HERO action camera is the first model of HERO session biker cameras. So, it might be lagging in terms of specifications compared to its latest models. The overall performance associated with GoPro HERO helmet camera is still far better than other generic motorcycle cameras.
Dragon Touch 4K
- The picture clarity of the Dragon Touch action helmet camera is 16 MP
- The camera can provide 170 degrees of view to the bikers
- The mounting accessories comes with this helmet camera to make its installation convenient
- This helmet camera uses two batteries for ensuring long-time functioning
- You can use this Dragon touch motorbike helmet camera as a sports cam due to its EIS
- This motorcycle helmet camera is around 2 inches only
- You can connect the server of this Dragon Touch motorcycle camera through Wi-Fi
- The 4K video quality of this helmet camera also provide 4X zoom
The video quality of the Dragon Touch camera features impressive modifications. You can use this touchscreen helmet camera for making a 4K video and around 16 MP of the picture with clarity. The Dragon Touch motorcycle helmet camera has a compact body and is not that expensive.
- Broad viewing angle
- Picture clarity
- HD video quality
- Compact design
- Waterproof up to 33 feet
- Touch screen
- Remote control system
- It is not compatible with the Mac
- Only the camera is waterproof; its remote doesn’t feature waterproofing
This Dragon touch motorcycle action camera comes with a broad field of view and multiple FPS. The working of this motorcycle helmet camera far exceeds the average action camera within a reasonable price. You can also use this Dragon Touch as a sports camera to capture the moments of victory. This motorcycle helmet camera has a high stabilized ratio and works fine at high speed.
SENA PRISM TUBE 4.0
- The motorcycle camera weighs only 0.17 lbs.
- The size of this SENA PRISM motorcycle action camera is 1 inch
- This motorcycle camera provides 1080 pixels of video resolution
- You can mount this motorcycle camera on the helmet or the handle of your bike, cycle, or scooter
- You can record the video in this motorcycle camera with a single touch option
- The video quality of this motorcycle camera is reliable as it eliminates the background noise
- You can use the voice feedback of this SENA PRISM motorcycle camera to know its status
If you want an action camera to mount on the handle, then the SENA PRISM is more of your taste. You can use this motorcycle camera as a flashlight for bikes and cycles. The SENA PRISM motorcycle camera has a small size and lightweight frame that allows you easy installation and maximum stability.
- One-touch operations
- Versatile options for mounting
- Lightweight and low profile
- High resolution
- Flashlight option
- Voice clearing option
- Voice feedback
- Managing the adjustment knobs of this motorcycle camera is tricky
The tube-shaped motorcycle adventure camera makes it convenient to control even at high speed. And the light feature of this action camera ensures the clarity of video or picture even at night. You can operate this motorcycle action camera with a single touch that makes it user-friendly at a high-speed setting.
AKASO EK7000 4K
- This motorcycle helmet camera provides professional resolution that is 4x better than average motorbike camcorder
- You can click the pictures with the 12 MP of clarity through this camcorder
- The casing of this motorcycle helmet camera is waterproof, allowing you to make underwater and rainy videos
- You can use the 2.4G remote of this AKASO EK7000to make videos or click pictures
- The helmet camera is exceptionally comfortable to mount
- This helmet camera for motorcycle uses two batteries with 1050mAh that are rechargeable
- The underwater signal range of this motorcycle helmet cam is 100 feet
- You can use the 30 FPS of this AKASO EK7000 for enhancing your video quality
AKASO EK7000 is one of the best-selling motorcycle helmet cameras due to its comfortable mounting and precise video quality. Additionally, this action camera covers the Ultra HD video quality with seamless recording, unlike other helmet cameras. You can use this AKASO EK7000 as an adventure camcorder due to its high resolution and expressive field of view.
- Ultra HD video quality
- 12 MP of picture clarity
- 170-degree visual range
- Wireless internet connectivity
- Strong frame
- Rechargeable batteries
- Its recharging time is rather long
You can use this AKASO EK7000 motorcycle helmet camera for recording videos and clicking pictures. It has 30 FPS that allows you to make a burst photo to capture every moment.
Crosstour Action Camera 14MP
- The size of this Crosstour action camera is 2 inches
- This motorcycle helmet camera grants a field of view up to 170-degree
- The motorcycle helmet camera comes with its accessories that includes two batteries and mounting kit
- This action camera requires two 1050mAh batteries with researchable traits
- This Crosstour action camera weighs 64 gm
- The video resolution of this Crosstour helmet camera is 1080 p
- The picture clarity of the Crosstour motorcycle action camera is 12 MP
The Crosstour action camera is user adaptable, and you can use it for multiple purposes. You can mount this camera on your motorcycle helmet besides using it as a PC webcam. This motorcycle camera comes with an LCD screen and provides extensive coverage with a wide-angle.
- Wide field of view
- Compact size
- Waterproof up to 30m
- Convenient installation
- LCD screen
- Accessories involved
- FHD resolution
- Dual way channeling
- This motorcycle helmet camera drains a lot of battery when connected with Wi-Fi
- The video quality decreases in low light setting
You can go down in water up to 30 m to make a video using this Crosstour motorcycle camera. The mounting kit and the motorcycle camera batteries come within the same price package. Furthermore, its lightweight frame makes it easy to manage and install on the bike.
- This motorcycle camera can operate for 3.5 hours straight with its lithium io battery
- The motorcycle helmet camera weighs 0.85 lbs.
- You can use this helmet camera for streaming with its built-in mic setting
- The waterproofing range of the motorcycle helmet camera is 30m
- You can rotate the Contour motorcycle camera up to 270-degree
- This helmet camera provides the 170-degree of viewing scope
- You can use either single shot or the laps mode in this motorcycle action camera
- The helmet camera of Contour comes with the SD card to enhance biker’s experience
For the riders who want a price effective motorcycle camera, the Contour ROAM3 is quite a reasonable option. It has a lightweight body, precise resolution, and high stabilization in its video performance.
- Powerful battery supply
- Clear picture quality
- Multiple modes
- High-resolution videos
- Built-in mic
- Convenient installation
- Broad viewing angle
- The framerate of this action camera is relatively low
If you don’t want an action camera with complicated mounting, this motorcycle cam is for you. You can use this helmet camera to make videos or pictures effortlessly with its side switch.
Buying Guide for Best Motorcycle Helmet Cameras
Either you intend to purchase the motorcycle riding camera for recording or safety purposes. You must pin your attention to the helmet cameras by keeping these two factors in mind. Some of you are also concerned whether the camera’s quality would be good enough or not. In contrast, some get anxious over its stabilizing and battery traits. By apprehending your concerns, we have added all those features to make your helmet cam a top-rated product.
The best helmet camera typically comes with either all or most of the features mentioned in this guide. But if you are purchasing a motorcycle camera with all these classic traits, it will become costly. So given your budget, you can allow some minor trade-off in characteristics of the helmet camera to account for your budget.
The reason for purchasing a motorcycle helmet camera is to record the view within a tiny lens. But if the video quality is not adequate, then is it worthy of your investment? Video quality is the main feature that you shouldn’t trade-off, especially if you make a tour documentary.
The commonly available video quality in most motorbike riding helmet cams is 720p. This quality is not that bad if you are going on the minimal budgetary approach. But if you have enough capital, get 4K resolution quality in your helmet camera.
Range of Camera
Your helmet camera range is the best way to capture the most aspiring view. The scope signifies how much coverage your helmet cam can provide while recording video. Typically, the field of the helmet camera lies around 170 degrees. But if you want to buy a motorcycle camera with the best coverage, you must go above 170 degrees. The best motorbike cameras give 180 degrees of range to provide maximum coverage.
The battery acts as a power supply source for all digital or electronic biking gadgets. And if you intend to go for a long-haul biking tour, your helmet camera should have long battery life. Generally, the best deals of helmet cam battery cover the 1000mAH that can last for around five hours. But if you are on a minimal budget, you can trade off the battery power with some other features.
Riders usually don’t go deep into the battery specifications as the videos don’t take hours to record. Therefore, trading some of your helmet camera’s battery for other features is a suitable task.
Frames Per Seconds
The FPS of your motorcycle helmet camera indicates the clarity of your video. But with the increasing FPS, the cost of your helmet cam also increases. So, you can select from the FPS range of 20 to 100 depending on your budget.
The best action cameras for the motorcycle helmet are easy to mount. Furthermore, the helmet cameras with stabilization feature to reduce the shaky feeling are the best for riders. And you can only assure whether your helmet cam is stable by installing it properly.
The helmet cam is either set on the top or side of your helmet; subsequently, it confronts direct wind. Your camera frame should be durable enough to sustain the wind flow. If the motorcycle action camera is not sturdy, its wear and tear can drastically increase. A motorcycle helmet camera should have a durable body to let it last for a long time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I have a camera on my helmet?
Yes, there are multiple motorcycle cameras that you can mount on your helmet for any ride. You simply need to ensure that the helmet mount is stable enough to support your motorcycle. You can attach the camera to the motorcycle helmet either through straps or clips.
What is the best camera for the motorcycle?
The definition of the best motorcycle camera may vary from biker to biker. You may think of one with excessive features as best, while some may regard the high-quality video stabilizing cameras as the best option. However, if you want to buy the best overall helmet cam GoPro Hero series is slightly expensive, but it can fully satisfy you.
What is the most comfortable motorcycle helmet camera?
AKASO EK7000 is one of the most comfortable helmet cameras that motorcycle riders can use.
Which brand helmet camera is best?
Truthfully you can’t pin the best brand as multiple brands provide digital gears for bikers. But in the context of motorcycle cameras, you can depend on the brand of GoPro.
What is the best motorcycle helmet camera for the money?
The Campark 4K motorcycle action camera comes at a reasonable budget with sensible specs. It gives you the best result within an affordable price range.
We have covered all of your concerns regarding the credibility of the motorcycle helmet cameras in this list. If you want to ensure that your investment is worthy of its money, then it’s the place for you. Now you can capture the view of your tours in high quality with these HD helmet cameras.
The best seller recommendation is the GoPro Hero5 helmet cam that imparts quality and has a lasting battery. The HD visuals and elimination of shaky and frizzy feeling make these motorcycle action cameras different from others. You can use these enlisted motorcycle cameras with almost every helmet as they focus on stability along with quality.