Hitch carrier is one of the must-have biking gear due to it having multipurpose utility. Are you worried about transporting your motorcycle from one place to another without any scratch? Or do you perhaps want to take your bike to an exhibition without driving it? Whatever situation you are in, the motorcycle hitch carrier proves to be an excellent solution for such troubles.
The motorcycle hitch carrier is not only a gadget to transport bikes on cars and SUVs. The main advantage you can get out of a motorcycle hitch carrier is safety. It can seamlessly transport your motorcycle without obstructing any damage.
Having a motorcycle hitch carrier also saves you from the trouble of bringing your bike to a mechanic. If your bike stops amidst the road, you can pull it on a hitch carrier to bring it to the motorcycle center.
Let’s dig deep into the best-selling hitch carriers that are suitable for transporting your motorcycle.
Here is a list of Best Motorcycle Hitch Carriers in 2021 & 2022
- Goplus 600 LBS Motorcycle Carrier
- Black Widow MCC-600 Steel Motorcycle Carrier
- VersaHaul Motorcycle Carrier
- Versa Haul VH-55DMRO Motorcycle Carrier
- Mototote MoTo ToTe Motorcycle Carrier
- TMS Motorcycle Dirt Bike Scooter Carrier
- Black Widow Aluminum Motorcycle Carrier
- Black Widow MCC-500 Steel Motorcycle Carrier
Goplus is one of the best options when you consider the hitch carrier to haul heavy bikes Using this Black Window MCC-600 carrier will prove to be an ideal option This motorcycle hitch carrier is specifically designed for lifting and transporting dirt bikes If you prefer a double motorbike carrier, then get this Versa Haul VH-55 motorcycle haul carrier. The MOTOTOTE motorcycle carrier is a well-designed hitch trailer for sport bikes The TMS presents one of the highly durable hitch carriers for motorcycles Here’s the Black Window motorcycle carrier for accommodating lightweight motorbikes This carrier from the Black Window is perfect for riders who are a novice in using hitch trailers.
Best Motorcycle Hitch Carriers
Goplus is one of the best options when you consider the hitch carrier to haul heavy bikes
Using this Black Window MCC-600 carrier will prove to be an ideal option
This motorcycle hitch carrier is specifically designed for lifting and transporting dirt bikes
If you prefer a double motorbike carrier, then get this Versa Haul VH-55 motorcycle haul carrier.
The MOTOTOTE motorcycle carrier is a well-designed hitch trailer for sport bikes
The TMS presents one of the highly durable hitch carriers for motorcycles
Here’s the Black Window motorcycle carrier for accommodating lightweight motorbikes
This carrier from the Black Window is perfect for riders who are a novice in using hitch trailers.
Goplus 600 LBS Motorcycle Carrier
- The loading ramp of this motorcycle hitch carrier is 72 inches L to 7.5 inches W
- The ramp of the carrier mount has 6ft of height
- You can fit this motorcycle hitch carrier in seven different positions
- The rail of the motorcycle carrier is around 79 inches long
- The hitch carrier has anti-tilt motorcycle brackets
- The motorcycle hitch carrier has a dual lock
- There is a receiver in this carrier with the dimensions of 2 inches
Goplus is one of the best options when you consider the hitch carrier to haul heavy bikes. The motorcycle carrier mount has the best load capacity and is quite affordable compared to others. Also, it has a steel construction that lets you haul heavy bikes with excellent durability.
The bikers having a dirt bike must try using this motorcycle hitch carrier at least once. The strength and toughness of this motorcycle carrier are on par with some ace hitch carriers.
- Heavy-duty construction
- Steel body
- 600 lbs. motorcycle load capacity
- Suitable for dirt bikes
- Reliable strength
- Quick-release locks
- Durable toughness
- Multiple position adjustment
- The steel body of the carrier is slightly heavier
Despite its steel body, the motorcycle hitch carrier has an anti-corrosive body. The motorcycle trailer also shows resistance against scratches. As for durability, you can rely on this motorcycle hitch mount carrier.
Black Widow MCC-600 Steel Motorcycle Carrier
- There is a 6-inch clearance distance between the rack and bumper of the vehicle
- The hitch falls in class II, III, and IV of motorcycle mounted carriers
- There is an additional long ramp in this motorcycle carrier for convenient lifting
- You can adjust the wheel chocks of the carrier in seven positions
- The dimensions of the carrier rack are 78.7 inches L and 8 inches W
- The motorcycle carrier can accommodate the bikes with 8 inches of wheel
- There is an anti-tilt bracket in the motorcycle carrier to keep it stable
- The motorcycle hitch carrier can carry bikes up to 600 lbs.
Do you intend to get the premium quality of the motorcycle hitch carrier? Then using this Black Window MCC-600 carrier will prove to be an ideal option. The hitch mount carrier is entirely secure for transporting your sports and dirk bikes.
Akin to other heavy-duty hitch mounted carrier, it also contains steel structuring. It has multiple bolts to strengthen its joint to carry your heavy bike seamlessly. It also includes a trackside motorcycle lifting ramp with wide dimensions.
- 600 lbs. load capacity
- Heavy-duty carrier
- Sidetrack ramp
- Suitable for heavy bikes
- Highly durable frame
- Anti-tilt bracket
- Extra-long ramp
- Adjustable wheel chocks
- The motorcycle hitch carrier is slightly expensive compared to Goplus
You can attach the rack of the hitch-mounted trailer with your bumper without worrying about scratches. You can install the motorcycle hitch carrier on the receiver vehicles from the class II, III, and IV
VersaHaul Motorcycle Carrier
- This carrier is suitable for dirt bikes and scooter with 500 lbs. of load capacity
- There are anti-tilt locking brackets in the hitch carrier
- The motorcycle carrier can carry bikes with 5.5 inches of wheel size
- The rail of the motorcycle hitch carrier is 71.5 inches long
- The width of this carrier rail is 6.3675 inches
- The length of its ramp is 57.5 inches
- The ramp of the off-road riding carrier is 5.5 inches wide
- There are four eyelets tie-down knobs in the motorcycle hitch carrier
This motorcycle hitch carrier is specifically designed for lifting and transporting dirt bikes. The frame of the itch trailer is relatively stable. That’s why it is easier to mount a dirt bike on it. Also, you can mount this carrier on the off-road terrains without much worry.
The motorcycle carrier contains high precision technology that makes it durable and stable. You can mount the motorcycle hitch carrier on the receiver vehicles from the class III and IV.
- Dirt bike carrier
- 500 lbs. capacity
- Heavy-duty frame
- Dual anti-tilt brackets
- Highly stable
- Steel construction
- Durable hitch carrier
- You can mount a bike on the motorbike carrier with a wheel size exceeding 5.5 inches
The carrier’s durable ramp provides excellent assistance in loading and unloading your motorcycle on the receiver vehicle. This hitch mount carrier is suitable for riders who carry their bike in their car instead of pick-ups.
Versa Haul VH-55DMRO Motorcycle Carrier
- The steel frame of the motorcycle carrier doesn’t bend under proper load capacity
- There is anti-corrosive finishing on the rail and ramp of the carrier
- There are four retractable bars in the motorcycle hitch carrier for stabilizing the motorcycles
- The built-in chocks on each rail keep the motorcycles stationed at a single position
- You can mount the motorcycle carrier on the vehicles from class III and IV to haul your bikes
If you prefer a double motorbike carrier, then get this Versa Haul VH-55 motorcycle haul carrier. Typically, you will need it if you are a mechanic. But some riders prefer the double carrier style due to its immense durability.
Each rail of this motorcycle haul carrier can carry up to 600 lbs. weight. Therefore, it’s far more sturdy than other bike carriers.
- Dual rails
- More durable
- High load capacity
- Safe and stable
- Suitable for heavy-duty motorcycles
- Solid steel manufacturing
- Powdered anti-corrosive finishing
- Wheel chocks
- Anti-tilt bracket
- Easy to operate
- Effective installation
- Retractable tie-down points
- Despite its description, each rail of the carrier can bear 500 lbs. of weight
Some novice riders may feel a sense of reluctance in purchasing a double motorcycle carrier. But this carrier comes with utmost safety even while hauling two bikes at a time. The flexible ramp design of these motorcycle hitch carriers allows you to lift both motorcycles conveniently.
Mototote MoTo ToTe Motorcycle Carrier
- The ramp of this carrier comes with wired traction to minimize the risk of slippage
- There are twin LED tail-lights for enhanced visibility in this motorcycle hitch carrier
- The rail of the motorcycle hitch carrier can carry the bikes weighing 550 lbs.
- You can operate the ramp of the carrier from either side
- The ramp of the carrier can accommodate the tires up to 65 inches in size
- This model of hitch carrier is compatible with receiver vehicles from class III and IV
- The well-structured design of the carrier prevents the bike from wobbling during transportation
If you are also like me, who runs away from the complicated installation of biking gears, try this carrier. The MOTOTOTE motorcycle carrier is a well-designed hitch trailer for sport bikes. The most significant advantage of this carrier is that it’s effortless to install on the vehicle.
It is typically a mid-ranged motorcycle hitch carrier as it is not that costly and is comparatively durable. This motorcycle hitch carrier model has a versatile frame and is more comfortable to load and unload the bike.
- Adjustable ramp
- Steel carrier
- Suitable for sport bikes
- Carry 550 lbs. motorcycles
- Safety LED lights
- Stable design
- Flexible ramp
- Anti-slip traction
- The carrying capacity of this motorcycle carrier is relatively small for accommodating a sport bike
Also, the ramp of this motorcycle hitch carrier is flexible in its adjustment. It means you can adjust it as you please to load the bike conveniently. The unique design of this motorcycle hitch-mounted carrier comes with an LED light. The light is attached at the tail to visualize motorcycle presence at night.
TMS Motorcycle Dirt Bike Scooter Carrier
- You can attach the carrier on the trailer from class II to class V
- You can carry any motorbike that weighs around 500 lbs. on this hitching carrier
- There is an anti-tilt locking mechanism in this motorcycle carrier
- The carrier design provides additional safety through pin-down bars
- This motorcycle hitch carrier weighs 48 lbs.
- The ramp of the carrier accounts for dual side loading of motorcycle
The TMS presents one of the highly durable hitch carriers for motorcycles. It has a safety coating that doesn’t let the hitch carrier wear and protects it against scratch and corrosion. Although it is a new design for hauling motorcycles, it has dependable load capacity with highly secure frame locks.
The receiver of 2 inches square comes along with the carrier to conveniently mount it on the back of a vehicle.
- 500 lbs. weight capacity
- Heavy-duty steel formation
- Safety locks
- Additional receiver
- Protective coating
- Scratch resistance
- High durability and utility life
- Tested carrier for dirt bikes
- The frame of the motorbike carrier makes it slightly heavier
If you got the sports or dirt bikes, this hauling carrier is quite reliable. It has multiple protective locking mechanisms in place to retain the balance of the motorcycle while transporting it. Also, there are handlebars in the bike carrier that connects with the handle to keep your bike safe.
Black Widow Aluminum Motorcycle Carrier
- You can connect this motorcycle hitch carrier with class III and IV receivers
- The frame of this carrier contains aluminum alloy in its construction
- You can haul the motorcycle weighing 400 lbs. using this carrier trailer
- The hitch carrier has a self-storing ramp to save space
- The anti-slip brackets strengthen the stability of the hitch trailer
- The ramp length of the trailer is 47 inches
- The ramp of this trailer is 5.5 inches wide
- The track of this aluminum carrier is 75.25 inches long
Do you have a light-duty motorcycle and want to find a suitable hitch carrier for it? Well, here’s the Black Window motorcycle carrier for accommodating lightweight motorbikes. It contains aluminum and hence doesn’t come with the risk of corrosion.
The only flaw happens in this carrier when you use it for heavy-duty bikes. This lightweight carrier is relatively easy to maneuver compared to steel carriers.
- Aluminum structure
- Suitable for light motorcycle
- Reasonable cost
- 400 lbs. load capacity
- Seamless installation
- Anti-rattle brackets
- Easy to carry
- It doesn’t come with a protective coating
- Only ideal for light-duty motorcycles
Although this aluminum motorcycle carrier has strength and toughness, it is prone to scratches. Using a heavy-duty bike on this motorcycle carrier can inflict severe damage to its structure by increasing wear and tear.
But it is highly reliable for lightweight motorcycles and comes with safety tie-down bars.
Black Widow MCC-500 Steel Motorcycle Carrier
- Assembling and installation of the carrier takes 20 minutes
- The motorcycle carrier has a well-balanced rail to stabilize the stationed motorcycle
- The hitch trailer contains anti-tilt brackets on the rack to enhance the stability and grip of the motorcycle
- The hauling stand of the lightweight carrier is 76 inches long
- The width of its rail is 7 inches
- The loading ramp of this hitch trailer is 45.5 inches in length and 7 inches wide
- There is a hitch tube in the motorcycle carrier to fold the ramp on sidetracks
This carrier from the Black Window is perfect for riders who are a novice in using hitch trailers. It comes with a mid-range capacity bearing and is convenient to operate. The frame of this motorcycle carrier is relatively lightweight and can haul both light-duty and some heavy-duty motorbikes.
- Steel manufacturing
- Suitable for novice riders
- Pitch pin
- Solid frame
- 500 lbs. capacity
- Safety locks
- Convenient assembling
- Anti-tilt safety locks
- The carrier is only for the bikes with wheel size less than 7 inches
This type of motorcycle hitch carrier is most suitable for motocross dirt bikes. The ramp of the hitch carrier usually is longer to make it convenient for novice buyers to haul the motorcycle. This folding hitch carrier is relatively easy to move.
The safety locks of the carrier are sturdy enough to balance your motorcycle in a single position.
Buying Guide For Best Motorcycle Hitch Carriers
A motorcycle hitch carrier is essential equipment for the riders. The mechanics who go to pick the bike from the road have it installed on their towing vehicles. Some mechanics also have a double motorcycle carrier for making it easy to transport your vehicle.
Hitch carrier is one of the best trailers for carrying your motorcycle safely. But, how can you decide which one is the best hitch carrier for your bike? The weight limitation if the carrier hitch varies depending on the vehicle it can accommodate.
Here are some tips that can make it easy for you to select the most suitable motorcycle hitch carrier.
Given the nature of the hitch carrier, two types of material participate in its manufacturing. There is either an aluminum or steel motorcycle hitch carrier in the market for enhanced durability.
The steel motorcycle hitch carrier is suitable for carrying heavy-duty vehicles. But it is rather bulky compared to an aluminum hitch carrier. Such hitch trailers typically have a strong frame with multiple bolts to ensure their durability.
Then there is an aluminum motorcycle carrier that tows the lightweight bikes up to a certain weight. Also, you will find that aluminum motorcycle carrier has far more life because of its anti-corrosive nature.
But placing a heavy bike on the aluminum hitch carrier can also drastically reduces its operational life.
Considering the weight limit of a hitch carrier is a prime factor when you intend to buy it. As discussed earlier, using a hitch carrier with limited weight capacity for heavy-duty motorcycles is dangerous. Mostly the load capacity that hitch carrier is suitable for between 300 to 600 lbs. motorcycles.
Also, checking whether your vehicle is compatible with placing the hitch carrier is essential. You should look into the motorcycle hitch carrier classes to determine which vehicle is compatible with it. Class I of the hitch carrier is only suitable for lightweight transporters like cars.
You can place the Class I carrier on the cars and crossover. Similarly, the Class V of hitch carrier with 18000 to 20000 of weight capacity is compatible with cab trucks.
The hitch carrier’s material quality and practical life sum up to represent its durability. The hitch carriers with high durability can even take up the heavy bikes.
But there are also the carriers with low durability that mostly fall in the class-I. Also, a durable hitch-mounted trailer provides maximum stability when attached to the back of your vehicle.
Ultimately durability of the hitch carrier also affects the safety of your motorcycle.
If you are a beginner in using a hitch carrier, get one that’s easy to install. Some motorcycle carriers take as much as hours just to fit them with your car or other vehicles. The complicated installation process irritates a rider who is already suffering from a broken bike amidst the road.
Try to get the motorcycle hitch carrier that is easy to install and requires minimum time to set it.
Weight of Bike
The bike weight and the load capacity of the hitch carrier are closely attached. The load capacity tells how much weight the trailer can bear. And in most cases, you likely place a bike lighter than the mentioned load capacity on the hitch carrier.
Therefore, knowing the weight of your motorcycle actually helps in picking the most reliable hitch carrier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are motorcycle hitch carriers safe?
The best hitch mounted carriers are reliable and safe for transporting your motorcycle. You have to be careful about the weight limit of motorcycle carriers. A bike hitch career becomes dangerous only when you use a biker heavier than its weight limit on it.
How do you make a hitch trailer for your motorcycle?
Firstly, you will need steel or aluminum panels with proper wheel position areas. Then use the bolts to screw the joints between the ramp and the main board of the carrier. Lastly, attach side loops with a heavy-duty elastic spring to hold the handles of the bike.
Its recommended considering the weight limitation of the carrier rail to use it for your motorcycle effectively. It is better to purchase a motorcycle carrier from the shop if you are not an expert in dealing with such DIY projects.
How do you tie a scooter on a hitch carrier?
Firstly, you should attach the hitch bars and clams. Then open the ramp of the motorcycle carrier to load the scooter on it. Then position your scooter in the wheel locking position and lock its handles using side loops.
What is the best way to tow a motorcycle?
The best choice for towing your motorbike is to use the trailer hitch carrier or a tow dolly. But if you want to transport your bike safely, the steel motorcycle hitch carrier is more practical.
What is the weight limit on a motorcycle?
Most of the time, the motorcycles weigh around 300 to 550 lbs. Therefore, you should select the bike hitch mount carrier as per your motorcycle weight.
Just make sure that the hitch carrier you select for the bike is compatible with its load capacity and wheel size. Using a hitch carrier with limited weight capacity for a heavy-duty motorbike can boost wear and tear, resulting in an accident. A proper hitch carrier can save you from multiple safety concerns.
You can attach the hitch carrier with a mounted motorcycle on the back of a car for transporting it. Following the proper rules mentioned in the buying guide, you can purchase quite a practical motorcycle carrier model. The best hitch carriers can transport sport bikes, heavy bikes, motorcycles, scooters, and dirt bikes all the same.
Its never too late to get yourself a reliable hitch mounted carrier for carrying your motorcycle safely.