Motorcycle oil is the food for your bike that gives it strength by cleansing it thoroughly. It is common for bikers to change their motorcycle oil at most every month. When you go for your bike’s scheduled maintenance, the mechanic also changes the oil to ensure the motorcycle performance. The motorcycle engine oil contains unique components that lubricate your engine for smooth performance.
When your bike starts missing and your engine makes loud noises, it’s time you know your bike needs oil. Commonly bikers who neglect this maintenance oil replacement of motorcycles suffer the most on the road. Using a tad bit of motorcycle oil can save your bike from multiple functioning issues.
A motorcycle engine oil is not like other oils but retains specific properties to cater to your engine functioning. You can think of your motorcycle oil as a vaccine that prevents the bike from the invasion of malfunctioning. Here are some of the best motorcycle engine oil that guarantees your motorcycle’s excellent and long-lasting performance.
Here is a list of Best Motorcycle Oils in 2021 & 2022
- Mobil 1 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil
- Castrol POWER 4T 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil
- Rotella Shell T6 5W-40 Engine Oil
- Royal Purple 10W-40 High-Performance Oil
- Lucas Oil High-Performance 20W-50 Motorcycle Oil
- HONDA Honda Pro GN4 Oil
- Polaris OEM VES Full Synthetic Oil
Mobil 1 is among the best synthetic motorcycle oil and is more practical for racing bikes The Castrol 06112 motorcycle oil imparts the best value. It has a synthetic formula for long engine life The Rotella Shell is a fully synthetic oil as anticipated by the T6. The Royal Purple engine oil exhibits high price than some other synthetic engine oil Lucas Oil is reliable for managing the pressure and strain that the engine put on your bike The Honda Pro GN4 is a trusted engine oil from the well-known brand of Honda The Polaris offers the engine oil with the viscosity suitable to operate in the colder region
Best Motorcycle Oils
Mobil 1 is among the best synthetic motorcycle oil and is more practical for racing bikes
The Castrol 06112 motorcycle oil imparts the best value. It has a synthetic formula for long engine life
The Rotella Shell is a fully synthetic oil as anticipated by the T6.
The Royal Purple engine oil exhibits high price than some other synthetic engine oil
Lucas Oil is reliable for managing the pressure and strain that the engine put on your bike
The Honda Pro GN4 is a trusted engine oil from the well-known brand of Honda
The Polaris offers the engine oil with the viscosity suitable to operate in the colder region
Mobil 1 V-Twin Motorcycle Oil
- The 20W50 grade viscosity makes it the perfect oil for the bikers who like in colder regions
- The design and ingredients of the oil are specific for the four-stroke bike engine for racing
- The unique formula of this motorcycle oil prevents the thermal breakdown
- The Mobil 1 oil contains a total fluid of 32 Oz.
- The oil is suitable to apply on engine, chaincase and transmission of your motorcycle
- This oil has synthetic nature that can clean, cool, and lubricate your engine
Mobil 1 is among the best synthetic motorcycle oil and is more practical for racing bikes. If you have a four-stroke sports or racing bike, this motorcycle engine should be on your must-try list. It has synthetic nature and contains polymer to provide a long-lasting lubricating effect. Furthermore, the Mobil 1 engine oil components ensure that you can use it on off-road bikes as well.
- Prolong engine life
- Reduce wear and tear
- Synthetic oil
- Reduces engine noise
- It prevents composition of dirt
- Smoothen engine functioning
- Long shelf-life
- Compatible for on/off-road bikes
- The oil is not suitable for engine with low capacity
The motorcycle oil has versatile functioning that reduces wear and tear due to friction. It also provides a smooth and consistent flow of the engine and cures the missing issue. Ultimately, this motorcycle oil also boosts the life of your motorbike.
Castrol POWER 4T 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil
- The viscosity of this motorcycle engine oil from Castrol is 10W40
- There is 32 Oz. of fluid in the single bottle of oil
- This motor oil features the Trizone technology
- This motorbike oil protects the gearbox, clutch and engine
- The motorcycle oil tends to cool down engine in excessively high temperature
- The oil carries the proper standards of API SL and JASO MA-2
The Castrol 06112 motorcycle oil imparts the best value. It has a synthetic formula for long engine life. This motorcycle oil is quite reliable in catering to heavy-duty bikes. The well-known fact about this motorcycle oil is that it meets and exceeds all API SL standards along with JASO MA-2. Besides, it contains polymers of premium quality that butter up your engine performance, making it smooth and effective.
- Improves acceleration
- Suitable for wet clutch
- Long-lasting engine performance
- High-quality components
- Standard grade for viscosity
- Improves transmission quality
- Multiple grade formula
- Requires frequent oil replacement
If you experience the engine heat-up issue, this oil is reasonable to cool down your engine through water and air. Rather than calibrating the engine performance, this oil works on your motorcycle engine, transmission, and acceleration.
Rotella Shell T6 5W-40 Engine Oil
- There are advanced additives in this engine oil that improves your overall engine efficiency
- There is triple protection plus technology in the motorcycle oil to fight against dirt and soot
- There are multipurpose additives in the motorcycle Rotella oil to soothe the engine performance
- A single bottle of the Rotella Shell contains 128 Oz. of fluid
- The synthetic base oils in the formula of Shell oil provides a long life to your engine
- The oil is more compatible with the diesel-based vehicles
- The shear stability of the oil also allows the heavy-duty vehicle to sustain pressure
The Rotella Shell is a fully synthetic oil as anticipated by the T6. The engine oil is much more proactive against the engine wear and tear. Additionally, the Rotella Shell formula contains the base oils in its manufacturing and includes the triple protection plus technology. If you want to fight against dust accumulation and oil breakdown, Rotella Shell is your best option.
- Improve fuel consumption
- Protect against dirt and soot
- Provide engine durability
- Fully synthetic formula
- Reduces engine wear and tear
- Advance additive
- Excellent shear stability
- The insufficient packaging of this oil can cause damage and leakage
The durability and protection are the traits of Rotella that make it a compatible engine oil for dirt bikes. It improves your engine and reduces its fuel consumption by 1.5%. Although it is a slightly expensive oil compared to other full synthetic oils, it’s the most economical one.
Royal Purple 10W-40 High-Performance Oil
- This motorcycle oil has the components that removes rust and provide a protective layer against rust deposits
- The viscosity grade on the Max-Cycle engine oil is 10W40
- The single bottle of the Max -Cycle oil contains 32 Oz. fluid
- The load capacity of the Royal Purple is 3x to 4x more effective than a standard oil
- The formula of the Max-Cycle contains a high film strength to protect crankshaft
- The motorcycle oil can cool down your heat up engine and reduces power loss
The Royal Purple engine oil exhibits high price than some other synthetic engine oil. It raises confusion as to why this newly aroused brand is relatively more expensive than other sustaining oil brands. The Max-Cycle formula is far more effective than most of the motorcycle engine oil out in the market. And the recipe is worthy of its high price tag, as it contains pure synthetic polymer in its manufacturing.
- Fully synthetic formula
- High viscosity level
- It makes engine clean and safe
- High-grade performance
- Suitable for high performing bikes
- Reduces piston scuffing
- Adaptable with multiple weather conditions
- Protect and prevent rust deposits
- Reliable combo of additives
- It is not adaptable for tracking bikes
- Highly expensive
- The 10W40 is not adaptable for the bikers in colder region
The Max-Cycle engine oil from Royal Purple is compatible with a versatile range of high functioning motorbikes. You can also use the oil for the ATVs, sports, and racing bikes. But in the end, this oil’s viscosity is not very suitable for tracking motorbikes.
Lucas Oil High-Performance 20W-50 Motorcycle Oil
- The viscosity grade of the Lucas engine oil is 20W50
- The liquid volume of this oil is around four quartz
- The formula of this oil is a blend of motor and gear oil to lessen the engine stress
- This oil functions to enhance the endurance and life of a racing motorcycle engine
Lucas Oil is reliable for managing the pressure and strain that the engine put on your bike. Usually, the heavy bikes and the racing bikes put a lot of tension on the four-stroke machine, causing it to wear out earlier. But the formula of Lucas 10720 is perfect for keeping those strains under the bay. This motorcycle oil lubricates your engine and reduces the pressure to maximize engine performance.
- Fully synthetic motorcycle oil
- Works well at low temperature
- Increases mileage
- Reduces engine fuel consumption
- Boost engine performance
- Reduces engine noise
- Avoid leaks
- Smoothen bike functioning
- Manages stress
- Prolong engine life
- The running temperature of this motorcycle oil is hotter compared to others
Mostly the fast riders or the racers fight with the engine stress. The strain on your bike engine is more significant at high speed, which induces more friction and ultimately more wear and tear. The Lucas motorcycle oil offers a series of engine oil that exclusively cater to that pressure of the engine. It also finds its application in building up the endurance of your bike engine.
HONDA Honda Pro GN4 Oil
- The flashpoint of the motorcycle engine oil is 200-degree Celsius
- The viscosity of the Honda Pro GN4 is 10W40
- The oil works on the engine and transmission flawlessly
- The oil uses excellent quality of base oils and additives
- Single bottle of GN4 oil contains one gallon of fluid
- The GN4 oil works to increase your engine mileage by reducing fuel consumption
Do you want the mixture of high-quality base oils and the advanced additives in your engine oil? The Honda Pro GN4 is a trusted engine oil from the well-known brand of Honda. Many Honda bikes come with a manual recommending Pro GN4 as their engine oil. The plus point of the Honda engine oil is that it is compatible with almost all Honda motorcycles.
- Compatible with advanced motorcycle engines
- Advance shear resistance
- OEM oil
- Thoroughly clean engine
- High milage
- Synthetic blend
- Adapts with motorcycle and ATVs
- A little Costly
The modern bikers who ride at a swift pace should use the Honda Pro GN4 as their engine oil. It has the traits to cope with the needs of the high performing motorcycles. It is one of the motorcycle engine oil that undergo vigorous testing before developing its final formula.
Polaris OEM VES Full Synthetic Oil
- This motorcycle oil has proficiency in Instantly start engine in cold climate
- The single Polaris oil bottle contains 128 Oz. of fluid
- You can also apply this engine oil on the snowmobiles
- The flashpoint of the Polaris engine oil is 143-degree Celsius
- The formula of the oil inhibits the maximum protection of your motorcycle engine
- The design of this oil formula is compatible for variable exhaust systems
- The load-carrying abilities of this motorcycle oil excels in automobile industry
The Polaris offers the engine oil with the viscosity suitable to operate in the colder region. If you live in a colder area, you might have multiple complaints about the engine oils that don’t work effectively. The formula of Polaris attends explicitly to the riders of colder regions. The oil also contains the corrosive inhibitor that removes rust and prevents the engine from its future accumulation.
- Reduces engine wear and tear
- Smoothen jammed parts
- Cleanse the valves
- Enhance performance
- Clean burning
- Suitable for winter use
- Corrosion inhibitors
- Fully synthetic oil
- High price tag
Polaris motorcycle oil’s formula has smokeless components that cleanse and improve its functioning. Unlike other engine oils, the Polaris doesn’t have an odor that can cause any form of irritation. It formulates a protective layer around the engine to minimize its wear and tear.
Buying Guide For Best Motorcycle Oils
All the lubrication motorcycle engine oil seems to provide the same value on the surface. Therefore, for novice bikers selecting the top motorcycle oil can become challenging. The easiest way to choose your motorcycle oil is to go through your bike manual. But even then, the manual only shares the type of oil and doesn’t recommend a specific brand.
There are individual specifications that detail the quality and functioning of motorcycle oil. A motorcycle motor oil must contain the following features to ensure that your bike works for a long time. Additionally, using a motorcycle engine oil also prevents the motorcycle from imposing any maintenance issue.
Type of Oil
The primary thing is to select the type of oil that is compatible with your bike. There are motorcycle-specific oils that cater to a specific range of engine capacity. Mainly we can categorize the motorbike oils into three classes.
The synthetic engine oil has high calibration and presents excellent quality and sustaining effects. The synthetic oils undergo the artificial manufacturing procedure containing polymer for stress handling. The best synthetic oils and costs a lot. The heavy-duty motorcycles with high engine capacity are the best possible suitor for synthetic oils.
Secondly, semi-synthetic oil features adaptability, with the bikes having a mid-range of engine capacity. These motorbike oils contain the properties of the mineral and synthetic oils. It is an amalgamation of the other two oil types to balance motorcycle oils’ quality and affordability.
Lastly, there is the readily available mineral oil and the most affordable motorcycle oil. The oil drawback is that you have to replace the mineral oil earlier than synthetic and semi-synthetic lubricants.
Most oil brands opt for the Goldilocks zone as their standard viscosity level. The level of viscosity in the motorcycle engine oil dictates how smooth your oil can flow to reach the engine’s parts. A highly viscous motorcycle oil demands more engine power, affecting your motorcycle output. In contrast, low viscous oil is like a low-grade oil that doesn’t provide enough lubrication to smoothen your engine performance.
If you are using the right type of oil depending on your motorcycle engine capacity, its efficiency will increase. Efficiency tells how well the motorcycle oil merges with your engine to provide proper lubrication. Using a non-compatible oil can cause a highly efficient machine to lose its efficiency. Like using mineral oil on bikes with high horsepower makes their engine inefficient.
The term grade is more like your oil’s compatibility in multiple temperatures. As viscosity changes depending on weather, it’s best to get multigrade motorbike oil. Typically, the multigrade bike oils come with the W between their grade numbers.
You can opt for the 20W50 grade as your motorcycle oil for summers. In comparison, the 10W40 grade is the best option for your bike in winters.
An additive is a booster that brightens up the performance of your base oils. The additive ratio in any motorcycle oil is around 5%. If your oil has more than 5% of additives, it can cause multiple engine performance drawbacks.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best four-stroke motorcycle engine oil?
If you want the best oil to rely on, then the best options include Shell Rotella T6 and Castrol 06112 4T.
Is fully synthetic oil better for motorcycles?
Your motorcycle tells you the quality and type of oil it requires. If you have a heavy-duty motorcycle with enhanced engine capacity, then full synthetic oils are indeed the suitable option.
Is there a difference between car oil and motorcycle oil?
The only differentiating factor between a motorcycle and car oil is the friction modifiers. These modifiers are available in the car oil to reduce the surface contact and avoid rolling and sliding.
Can I use synthetic oil in my motorcycle?
The first deal is to consult your motorcycle manual to check oil compatibility with your engine—naturally, the synthetic oil suits the bikes with high mileage engine capacity. If your engine capacity ranged between 125CC to 180 CC, then the semi-synthetic oil also seems helpful.
Can I use 20w50 oil in my motorcycle?
Yes, the 20w50 motor oil has a compatible component to use as motorcycle oil. This oil excels in providing cushioning effect against friction in the motorcycle engine.
If you don’t change the engine oil, you will face a leash back of multiple drawbacks. Firstly, your motorcycle engine can overheat even at a minimal distance. Without proper lubrication, your motorcycle’s functional parts will accumulate dust and start jamming. Besides, it reduces a bike’s life by increasing wear and tear caused by the friction between the jammed parts.
So, it is essential to get the appropriate engine oils for your motorcycle’s effective functioning. A low-grade ineffective oil is the same as not using motorcycle oil at all. We have marked only the high-quality motor oil that can grant a new life to your dying automobile.