As a motorcyclist, riding in the rain is a common occurrence. At one point where a bike is indeed a convenient transport, still, it doesn’t provide much protection against rain. Unlike Cars and other vehicles with reliable roofing for rain protection, the bike is entirely exposed to rain.
Especially if you are an adventure rider, the road leading to your destination is bound to have weather changes. I am sure you put a lot of effort into getting sun protective gear for bike riding. Then why not give as many thoughts to motorcycle rain gears?
Rain is a very natural change in weather, and you experience rain regardless of the season. And you can’t also delay your group riding plans just because it’s raining outdoors. The most optimal solution is to get the proper rain gear you can wear while riding. This way, you can protect yourself from the rain while enjoying your ride and weather altogether. Let us discuss all those excellent quality motorcycle rain gears that are the savior for the riders without further delay.
Here is a list of Best Motorcycle Rain Gears of 2021 & 2022
- Tourmaster Defender 2.0 Two-Piece Rain Suit
- FROGG TOGGS Waterproof Rain Suit
- Nelson Rigg Unisex Motorcycle Rain Suit
- Liuhong Rain Coats for Men
- Nelson-Rigg SR-6000 Stormrider
- FROGG TOGGS Ultra-Lite2 Protective Rain Suit
- Joe Rocket men’s motorcycle
- Milwaukee Performance Water-Resistant Rain Suit
The brand of Tourmaster is reliable for the bikers who want rain gear with excellent quality Frogg Toggs is also a very well-known brand when you consider the motorcycle riding gears It is one of the best rain suits available for bikers in the market. Its overall quality is premium and is not that very expensive This Liuhong motorcycle raincoat’s specialty is that it has multiple layers underneath to make it durable The bright color combo of this article from Nelson ensures maximum safety to riders The Ultra-Lite rain jacket of the Frogg Toggs is quite an attraction for bikers. There are three color options in this riding rain suit that bikers can select. Milwaukee is a top brand when it comes to the essential gears of the motorcycle.
Best Motorcycle Rain Gear
The brand of Tourmaster is reliable for the bikers who want rain gear with excellent quality
Frogg Toggs is also a very well-known brand when you consider the motorcycle riding gears
It is one of the best rain suits available for bikers in the market. Its overall quality is premium and is not that very expensive
This Liuhong motorcycle raincoat’s specialty is that it has multiple layers underneath to make it durable
The bright color combo of this article from Nelson ensures maximum safety to riders
The Ultra-Lite rain jacket of the Frogg Toggs is quite an attraction for bikers.
There are three color options in this riding rain suit that bikers can select.
Milwaukee is a top brand when it comes to the essential gears of the motorcycle.
Tourmaster Defender 2.0
- This rain gear from the Tourmaster comes in a two-piece
- The seams of the motorcycle rain gear are adequately sealed to avoid seepage of water
- Both the trouser and upper of this rain gear are waterproof
- The outer layer of this motorcycle rain suit contains nylon
- The motorcycle rain gear contains polyurethane as its inner material
- Regardless of its excellent waterproofing, the motorcycle rain gear is breathable
- Here is aqua barrier in the collar of this rain suit to avoid water seepage from collar
The brand of Tourmaster is reliable for the bikers who want rain gear with excellent quality. The Defender 2.0 comes in exclusive apparel of two pieces that look like a tracksuit. It means you can usually wear it with maximum comfort and flexibility without looking weird.
The Tourmaster Defender motorcycle rain gear has premium characteristics that highlight it as the top choice on our list.
- Outer PVC covering
- Triangular reflectors for high visibility
- Decent cost
- Compact design
- Ventilated inner
- Sealed seams
- Quality material
- Two-piece suit
- remove shoes first due to narrow ankle design
This motorcycle rain suit design is suitable for both men and women. Wearing a waterproof helmet with this rain suit will give you complete protection against the rain. To balance its breathability and safety, only the outer layer of this rain gear contains PVC.
FROGG TOGGS Waterproof Rain Suit
- The material of the motorcycle rain suit has wind resistive traits
- The non-woven manufacturing fabric of the riding rain gear promotes breathability
- The inner and outer of the motorcycle rain suit is soft and comfortable
- You can conveniently remove and adjust the hood of the rain suit
- The convenient zip-up design of this biker rain suit is compatible to for high-speed riding in rain
- You can also cover your boots in the rain with the long pants of the rain suit
Frogg Toggs is also a very well-known brand when you consider the motorcycle riding gears. The biking rain gear from the Frogg Toggs acts as a sports suit and has independent traits. You get wind resistance as an additional trait in this rain gear that prolongs its utility. As for the fabric, this motorcycle rain gear contains non-woven fabric to enhance breathability and comfort altogether.
- Soft material
- Convenient to wear
- Universal fit waist
- Breathable non-woven material
- Removable hood
- Elastic cuffs
- Wind resistive
- There are no reflective plates on this suit
- The entire two-piece rain suit doesn’t have any pockets
The rain pants contain drawstring elastic that is easy to pull over. You can wear this quality motorcycle rain suit over your casual clothes in the rainy season.
Nelson Rigg Unisex Motorcycle Rain Suit
- The outer layer of the Nelson Rigg motorcycle rain suit has the PVC material
- The inner of this biking rain gear has the soft polyester for comfort and breathability
- The pants design of the rising rain gear has broad pants to cover boots
- The upper jacket of this riding rain suit has a ventilation system on its back
- The rain suit has embedded reflective pipes for safety
- The material on the sitting panel of this biking rain gear has anti-slip design
It is one of the best rain suits available for bikers in the market. Its overall quality is premium and is not that very expensive. This two-piece rain suit covers the biker from head to toe while riding in the rain. If you are going with the Nelson Rig suit, you won’t need additional rain jackets while driving a bike.
- Extremely lightweight
- Excellent waterproofing
- Compatible for high-speed riding
- Soft inner
- Breathable material
- Convenient to wear
- Anti-slip seat panel
- Rear ventilation design
- Reflective pipes
- The rain suit may seem quite hot sometimes
The waterproofing of the Nelson Rigg is one of its best traits. Additionally, it is exceptionally lightweight and allows the rider to freely ride in heavy rain. If your area experiences heavy rain, then this rain gear is best for riding times.
Liuhong Rain Coats for Men
- The overall raincoat contains 100% polyester
- The motorcycle rain gear has high-density material for making it water-resistant
- The storm flaps design of the riding raincoat ensures there is no water seepage
- The rain suit is compatible for bicycle, motorcycle, golf and even fishing
- There sewing of this rain suit has proper heat sealing
- There are also wide reflective strips on this biking rain gear for visibility
This Liuhong motorcycle raincoat’s specialty is that it has multiple layers underneath to make it durable. That’s why professionals recommend it as a safe rain gear with wind resistive properties. Comfort is yet another befitting title for this motorcycle rain suit.
It comes in two pieces; one is its upper jacket with attached hood. Also, it comes with an adjustable pant that lets you ride the bike flexibly.
- Multiple layered manufacturing
- Pure polyester
- Breathable material
- Lightweight material
- Soft and comfortable to wear
- Minimal space coverage
- Multiple sports compatible
- Wind resistant design
- Waterproof covering
- Adjustable hood
- Requires cold water rinse for cleaning it
- The material of the riding rain gear is not compatible for ironing
The rain pants and the jacket from the Liuhong both have a conservative design to prevent water seepage. The common problem of bikers is that the water seeps in their dress from their cuffs and collar. This rain suit has an elastic design to solve that very problem of riders.
Nelson-Rigg SR-6000 Stormrider
- The riding rain suit has adequate night visibility
- There are elastic boots strip-ups in the rain suit to prevent skidding
- The oversized zipper of this riding raincoat is to ensure it’s easy to wear
- There are cooling vents beneath each arm of this rain suit for maintaining temperature
- The texture of the inner fabric of this raincoat is breathable
- The PVC outer shell of this raincoat resists air pressure and water leakage
- Both the waist and cuffs of this motorcycle rain suit has elastic design
The bright color combo of this article from Nelson ensures maximum safety to riders. Usually, in heavy rain, it becomes hard to have clear visuals that result in multiple road accidents.
Therefore, this two-piece rain suit has a safety-oriented design with sharp colors to minimize the risk of an accident. Additionally, there are reflective strips on the rain suit so the upcoming traffic can see the rider’s presence.
- 100% waterproof
- Soft inner polyester
- Strong outer PVC covering
- Wind resistive design
- Safety strips
- Universal fit
- Cooling vents
- Even the slightest damage to the outer lining of this rain suit can cause water leakage
You can consider it as the best gear for wet motorcycle journeys. The rain gear description states that it is compatible with riding even in the wettest weather conditions.
FROGG TOGGS Ultra-Lite2 Protective Rain Suit
- The rain jacket prevents the moisture and air from entering
- The cords on the hoods of this biking rain jacket makes it flexible to adjust
- The fabric of the rain jacket is soft for bikers to wear
- The full-frontal zipper of this riding rain jacket makes it flexible
- The polyethylene manufacturing of the rain jacket makes it thin and durable on the face of high-speed wind flow
The Ultra-Lite rain jacket of the Frogg Toggs is quite an attraction for bikers. It’s a two-piece rain gear for bikers,and many bikers vote in its favor. The rain suit has attractive colors and a wide range of sizes to fit every body type. The entire motorcycle rain jacket has waterproof material.
- Excellent coverage against rain
- 100% waterproof material
- Easy to carry
- Soft-touch fabric
- Covers minimal space
- Adjustable hood
- Prevents moisture
- There are no heat guards in this rain suit
- The straight pent design of the rain suit makes it hard to wear over the boots
The bikers who find a two-piece rain suit expensive can get this Ultra-Lite rain jacket. It has an affordable price and gives quite exceptional coverage in the rainy rides. If you are a fan of two-piece rain suits, then don’t miss out on this rain jacket.
Joe Rocket men’s motorcycle
- The inner of this motorcycle rain suit contains polyester
- The entire outer covering of the rain jacket and trouser contains PVC
- There are multiple air vents at the back of the rain gear to keep the temperature of the rider
- You can fit this rider rain suit with its adjustable waist chord
- There are elastic gussets at the bottom of trouser
- There are Velcro storm flaps on the collar of the motorcycle rain suit to avoid water leakage
- The inner lining of this motorcycle rain jumpsuit contains corduroy for comfort
Are you tired of seeing the same color scheme of riding rain suits? Well, here, the Joe Rocket presents an incredibly eye-opening color range of the biking rain gears. There are three color options in this riding rain suit that bikers can select. You don’t have to worry about the size as the rain suit comes in multiple sizes.
- Breathable inner fabric
- Prevent sweating
- Anti-slip design
- Proper air ventilation
- Larger pockets
- Waterproof seams
- Multiple size and colors
- Elastic closure design
- Pure polyester material
- This rain suit is relatively heavier and baggy for the bikers
- Weak elastic gusset
You will find this rain suit more adjustable and flexible for driving a bike in the rain. Firstly, there are elastic gussets in it to hold your feet over the footpad. Secondly, the ventilation of the overall rain suit is quite appealing.
Milwaukee Performance Water-Resistant Rain Suit
- There are heat panels on the trouser to prevent damage caused by the heat of engine and exhaust
- There are multiple visibility strips on jacket and trouser of this biking rain suit
- There isunique anti-slip texture on the buttock of the motorcycle rain suit
- Here are grip pads on the back of the trouser leg to avoid sliding in rain
- The reflective tape is on the back, chest and the arms of the motorcycle rain suit
Milwaukee is a top brand when it comes to the essential gears of the motorcycle. The Milwaukee’s rain suit has more visibility, making it one of the safest rain suits for riders. The purpose of a raincoat is not only waterproofing, but it should also provide sufficient protection.
The layers of fabric and prominent reflect strips on the rain suit makes it relatively safe to wear on rainy bike tours.
- Heat resistive panels
- Broad visibility strips
- Anti-slip buttocks
- High-quality waterproof material
- Suitable for high-speed rainy bike rides
- Lightweight rain suit
- The motorcycle rain suit is not high durable
Its best for the riders to use this rain suit on the short biking tours in the rain. It practically resists the water from seeping within your clothes from the seams. It is probably the best motorcycle rain suit that you can get in this minimal price range.
Buying Guide For Best Motorcycle Rain Gears
So, are you on your way to probe the best-selling stores to get motorcycle rain gear? You are probably aware that the best rain gears are far more superior than some random economical biking raincoats. But what are the things that differentiate between a common and the best rain gear
Here we will discuss those boosting elements that can make ordinary motorcycle rainwear into the best one. You can consider the following factors in a motorbike rain gear to analyze its value of money.
Type of Rain Gear
Do you know that there are two types of motorcycle rain gears? One is a single-piece suit that is more like a dungaree, or it can also be a single piece for either your upper or lower part. The single-piece rain gears are quite useful if you are riding on a rainy day.
Then, the two-piece rain gears give you a complete package for upper and lower coverage. You can say that both single and double rain suit work the same. It’s just that the two-piece suits are more comfortable and flexible to wear, especially when you are riding your bike.
So why are you purchasing motorcycle rain gear? Well, the answer is simple, to protect yourself from getting wet. That being the central focus, would you still invest in rain gear that isn’t effective in waterproofing?
Your rain gear should have reliable waterproofing traits for you to buy it. Waterproofing is how well your rain gear can repel the water. Some sellers may try to covet you, claiming the rain gear has water-resistive properties. Well, don’t be fooled; you need waterproofing in your bike gear instead of water resistance.
During a rainy long-haul ride, breathability is quite essential. The material of motorcycle rain gear tells whether it has reliable breathable traits or not. It’s always better to avoid getting biking rain gears with PVC material as they exhibit minimum airflow. Such material offers almost no breathability to the rider causing them to sweat a lot in the rain.
People usually sherd off the fact about a rain gear size as they think the more coverage, the better it is against rain. But it a mere misconception as a larger rain gear will allow the water to make way from the numerous openings. Also, a larger raincoat is probably cumbersome while riding your bike.
But it doesn’t mean you can get a small size to prevent a raincoat from getting in the way of riding. You should purchase the most suitable size that fits your body type perfectly.
Anti-slip is also a central trait in motorcycle rain gear to impart safety. Then again, the material of your motorcycle rain gear tells whether it has anti-slip attributes or not. You can better control your bike if your rain gear has some anti-slip material.
Ok, so now you have rain apparel but are you visible enough while riding your bike. A motorcycle rain apparel with visual lining keeps you safe from hit and run accidents. The reflective strips on the motorcycle rain apparel ensure that the upcoming traffic can adequately see you avoid an accident.
You may think, what’s the use of a heat-resistive panel in biking rain gear? The motorcycle rain gears can cause damage if they are big and closer to your exhaust pipe. So, a heat-resistivestrip in the rain gear can protect your motorcycle rain gear against the exhaust heat.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you wear rain gear on a motorcycle?
Wearing rain gear is not that big of a deal. There are some motorcycle rain gears that you can wear on the top of your dress. You can wear a raincoat or a rain jacket that you can wear over your clothes. Some rain wears that you can wear as your casual clothes as well.
How do you stay dry while riding a motorcycle in the rain?
If you intend to stay dry in rainy weather, the best remedy is to use a rain suit. There are multiple kinds of motorcycle rainwear that include waterproof rain jackets and rain pants.
Are motorcycles waterproof?
Overall, it’s right to state that a motorcycle poses enough waterproofing traits. Their entire circuit is covered, so you can conveniently drive your bike in rainy weather. But it’s still better to be cautious and keep the motorcycle under control while riding in the rain.
What is the best waterproof motorcycle jacket?
As per our reviews, the best possible waterproof motorcycle jacket is Tourmaster Defender 2.0.
What is the safest motorcycle jacket?
The safest motorcycle jacket is from Milwaukee as it has following safety features
- Anti-slip buttocks
- Heat resistant panels
- Visibility strips
- Safety grip padding
Motorcycle riding is a fun activity if you have equipped all the essential biking gear. To be honest, the best motorcycle gear that is effective against weather transition is a rain suit. You can comfortably wear your riding rain suit and go for an exquisite bike ride with style.
As you have already seen, the motorcycle rain gears come in various apparel. You can either opt for rain suits, rain jackets, and even rain pants for the bikers. You can pick from these rain gears as there is an elaborative range of motorcycle gears with an accommodating price.
You can get the best rain gear ata premium price, and you can also opt for quality motorcycle apparel at an affordable cost.
All that is left for you to select which motorcycle rain gear suits your taste the best.