Adventure riding and motorcycle camping usually fit each other. And to maximize the thrill of tour bike adventure, having proper gears is a cardinal need. So, are you fully prepared for your next road trip? Hitting the road with immense horsepower sounds exciting but have you planned the gears for your motorcycle?
Mostly bikers who soar the mountainous road on bikes know the glee of camping under a stary sky. Are you after the freedom that the motorcycle road tour imparts? You can relish your road adventure with only several motorcycle camping gear in this situation. And the motorcycle tent is an essential gear for your bike during your overnight camping tours.
Keeping your bike safe and protected during your camping tours is also essential. That’s where the motorcycle camps find their utmost utility. For the motorcycle gear geeks, the motorcycle camping experience is a luxury.
Now without further ado, let’s land directly on the best motorcycle camping tents vital for adventure motorcycle camping.
Here is a list of Best Motorcycle Tents you can buy in 2021 & 2022.
- MSR Hubba Hubba Backpacking Tent
- Terra Nova Laser Competition Tent
- Snugpak Scorpion 2 Camping Tent
- Nevis 200 Backpacking Tent
- VAUDE Unisex Tent
- Wild Country Zephyros Compact 2 Tent
- Vango Soul Tent
The MSR Hubba Hubba motorcycle camp is an all-rounder tent explicitly for two people The Tera Nova Laser motorcycle tent comes in tunnel design and provides enough space for two people Whether you want a sleeping bag or a motorcycle tent, you can go for the Snugpak The Vango Nevis motorcycle backpacking tent is perfect for riders witha limited budget This motorcycle tent is from a famous sports brand, making it a luxurious product among motorcyclists. This compact tunnel tyle motorcycle tent is more reliable for three seasonal utility. Vango soul 200 is yet another addition to the tunnel style motorcycle tents
Best Tent for Motorcycle Camping
The MSR Hubba Hubba motorcycle camp is an all-rounder tent explicitly for two people
The Tera Nova Laser motorcycle tent comes in tunnel design and provides enough space for two people
Whether you want a sleeping bag or a motorcycle tent, you can go for the Snugpak
The Vango Nevis motorcycle backpacking tent is perfect for riders witha limited budget
This motorcycle tent is from a famous sports brand, making it a luxurious product among motorcyclists.
This compact tunnel tyle motorcycle tent is more reliable for three seasonal utility.
Vango soul 200 is yet another addition to the tunnel style motorcycle tents
MSR Hubba Hubba Backpacking Tent
- The free-standing model of the motorcycle camp allow you to install it on any surface conveniently
- The motorcycle tent comes in a backpacking design, making it lightweight and portable
- There is flysheet and mesh body in this tent to allow proper ventilation and stargazing
- The dimensions of the motorcycle tent are 46x 15 cm in compact form
- The height of the tent is around 100cm
- The motorcycle dome tent features dual doorways and vestibules
- The weight of the motorcycle tent is 4.54 gm
Are you a rider who wants to get a motorcycle tent with all of the unique premium features? The MSR Hubba Hubba motorcycle camp is an all-rounder tent explicitly for two people. But using this tent as a one-person tent is more adaptable to keep your motorcycle in it as well. You can depend on this best-selling camp that serves multiple purposes depending on your need.
- Compact and foldable
- Free-standing style
- Convenient installation
- Removable flysheet
- Three years warranty
- You need to purchase the footprint of the motorcycle camp separately
This motorcycle tent’s dome styleshares ample space for yourself, your bike, and your gears. Overall, it is a backpacking tent witha lightweight design for riders who go tomountainous riding.
Terra Nova Laser Competition Tent
- The compact form of the motorcycle tent covers low space consuming
- The tunnel design motorcycle camp exclusively accommodates the short-term tours
- The overall weight of the motorcycle camp is 2.8 lbs.
- The compact dimension of the motorcycle camp is 12 inches
- The motorcycle tent comes with the flysheet to impart water-resistive properties
- The groundsheet of this motorcycle tent provides additional protection to use it in multiple seasons
The Tera Nova Laser motorcycle tent comes in tunnel design and provides enough space for two people. Do you want a motorcycle tent for short trips with minimum weight? This laser motorcycle tent is a proficient option as it has minimum weight with exquisite design. Setting up this motorcycle camp is also a seamless task as it doesn’t require much effort.
- Compact design
- Tunnel tent
- Convenient assembling and installation
- Proper ventilation
- Dual wide doors
- Compatible for short trips
- Compatible for three seasons
- Protective flysheet and groundsheet
- This motorcycle tent is not feasible for accommodating two people along with motorcycle and respective gears simultaneously
Although there is ample space in the Terra Nova Laser tent, it’s better to use it for a single person. You can’t fit in a motorcycle, camping equipment, and two people in this tent without feeling stuffy. So, it’s convenient to use this tent for a single person and motorcycle accommodation.
Snugpak Scorpion 2 Camping Tent
- The height of this motorcycle tent from Snugpak is 105 cm
- The motorcycle tent has semi-geodesic design to impart larger inner space
- The total weight of this Snugpak motorcycle tent is 2.65 Kg
- The tent has strong built to provide wind resistance
- The overall material of this motorcycle tent ensures ultimate protection against seasonal variation
- The motorcycle tent has three ventilating areas to use ideally in summer
- The Snugpak motorcycle camp comes with the inner groundsheet
Whether you want a sleeping bag or a motorcycle tent, you can go for the Snugpak. Their products are all about quality and manifest the concept of high-class gears ata reasonable price. The Snugpak camp is worthy of your money and hasa spacious inner to accommodate you and your motorcycle.
- Lightweight and portable
- Compact and foldable
- Instant installation
- Premium quality aluminum construction
- The tent doesn’t account for free-standing style and requires proper surface for installation
- The flysheet of the Snugpak motorcycle tent is not removable
The perk of using this motorcycle tent is that you get to enjoy camping elegantly. The Snugpak motorcycle camp’s installation is relatively effortless, with a compact design for portability. The motorcycle tent doesn’t have any seasonal restrain and comes in handy in all four seasons.
Nevis 200 Backpacking Tent
- This motorcycle tent from Vango weighs 2.02 Kg
- The inner height of the bike camp is 95 cm
- There are two doors in addition to ventilating holes in the tent
- This motorcycle tent features a hassle-free assembling and installation
- The compact sheets of the tent allow you to pack it as an emergency camp instantly
- The tension band system of the motorcycle tent allows it to stand firm during multiple seasons
- The inner and outer fabric of the motorcycle tent contains high-quality polyester and waterproof layer
The Vango Nevis motorcycle backpacking tent is perfect for riders witha limited budget. The Nevis 200 fulfills the criteria as an economical motorcycle tent without compromising quality. This tent’s aluminum poles are erectable,which ensures high built traits of the camp. The Nevis 200 is a suitable two-person tent for the adventure riders on standard requisites.
- Instant installation
- Lightweight and compact
- Tunnel design
- Two-person tent
- Aluminum frame
- Water and wind-resistant
- Nevis 200 is not a free-standing motorbike tent
- There is no space for vestibules
This motorcycle tent is relatively easy to pitch and pack, making you ready for camping within an instant. The tunnel design allows balanced distribution of weight and space. And if you were to compare, this tent is probably the fastest in its installation. Despite having cheap price demand, this motorcycle tent’s overall function is top-notch.
VAUDE Unisex Tent
- The weight of this sports motorcycle tent is around 2.5 kg
- The inner height of this dome-style motorcycle tent is 105 cm
- The motorcycle tent features a large inner space with dual door openings for ventilation
- The flysheet of the tent allows excellent protection against the water due to its water-resistant material
- This motorcycle sports tent is best for the short camping rides due to its compact size
This motorcycle tent is from a famous sports brand, making it a luxurious product among motorcyclists. Its uniqueness lies in its installation method as it supports the pole from the outside. You can put the rod in the camp’s outer holes to set it up. It’s so simple to install that even children can install it without much struggle.
- Forward dome style
- Easy to set up
- Proper ventilation
- Free-standing set up
- Dual vestibules
- You can’t set up this motorcycle tent without flysheet
- The fly cover of this sports tent is not removable
The forward dome design of this motorcycle camp allows the ground ventilation and prevents humidity during summers. But the inner space of this tent is relatively small to sleep comfortably. You can say that its internal space is barely enough to protect a single person and his motorcycle altogether.
Wild Country Zephyros Compact 2 Tent
- The poles of this motorcycle touring camp contain aluminum to retain its strength against wind
- The overall weight of the motorcycle camp is 1.8 kg
- There are proper zipper doors to enhance ventilation in this tent
- The inner of the tent is vast enough to accommodate a motorcycle seamlessly
- The motorcycle tent of Zephyros features single pole design for durability
- The fly cover of the motorbike tent features 100% water resistance with its 4000mm sheet
- There is 6000mm of groundsheet in this motorcycle tent with fully taped seams to sustain against weather
This compact tunnel tyle motorcycle tent is more reliable for three seasonal utility. Riders who go for the long adventure tours opt for this tent. Its large space and more coverage area make it appealing to motorcycle riders who thrive on adventure. Furthermore, it’s convenient to pack,which saves a lot of time, especially when you are out on a journey.
- Easy to use
- Lightweight to carry
- Strong, well-built frame
- Large inner area
- Tunnel style
- Fair price
- Three seasonal
- The motorcycle tent is compatible only for three seasons
- The vestibule of this motorcycle tent is relatively small
Despite having extensive coverage, this motorcycle tent covers shallow space in its packed form. Additionally, it is among the tent with the lightest weight setting that makes it convenient to carry around. This motorcycle tent is advantageous for adventure bikers in every aspect.
Vango Soul Tent
- This motorcycle tent weighs 2.17 kg
- The inner height of the tent is around 90 cm
- The coverage dimensions of the motorcycle tent in its packed form are 52 x 15 cm
- You can remove the flysheet of the tent in summers
- The tent features an increased airflow that reduces the condensation in the camp
- The camp utilizes 3000mm HH flysheet to make it waterproof and durable
Vango soul 200 is yet another addition to the tunnel style motorcycle tents. The reason behind the excessive population of tunnel style camps is their spacious inner that lets you sleep comfortably. Furthermore, the price of this motorcycle tent is low. So, if you don’t want to spend a lot on camping, you can try this motorcycle camp.
- Extremely cheap
- Usable without flysheets
- Dual pole sturdy frame
- Compact and lightweight
- Convenient to pitch
- The vestibule of this economic motorcycle tent is not spacious
- The tent doesn’t impart a free-standing style for installation
Although this motorcycle tent’s quality is not premium,it still covers enough advantages as a return on your investment. It has a reasonable size with a twin pole for sturdy formation. The tent’s pole size is high enough to cover your standard heavy bike flawlessly. And you can use this biking tent even without the flysheets, which gives this tent an edge over others.
Buying Guide For Best Motorcycle Tents
Tents are among the primary camping equipment when deciding to go for a biking adventure. Multiple camping systems are becoming eye candy for the adventure riders with advancements in technology. Camping can make your tour into a fulfilling one if you have a motorcycle dome with you.
But akin to other camping equipment, a motorcycle camp also bears some essential features. Here are some of the properties you should look for in a motorcycle tent.
When considering a motorcycle camp, you should consider both the inner and outer space along with the dimensional size of your tent. Firstly, your motorcycle tent’s dimension should be enough to accommodate your motorcycle. Secondly, the tent should have ample inner space for you to use as your sleeping space and accommodating gears comfortably.
Usually, a one-person tent gets stuffy with all the gears you wear for biking. But if you have a two-person tent, then space inside will be sufficient for you, your kits, and your motorcycle.
Whichever brand of motorcycle camp you are purchasing, you should consider ventilation in it. You can opt for the motorcycle camp with a mesh body to promote proper ventilation in summer. Also, typically the motorbike camps come with one or two windows for supporting ventilation.
Water-resistance is an essential feature of the motorcycle camp. Your camp should bear water resistance,especially on mountainous adventures where weather fluctuation is a common trend. You won’t want to get up only to see that the night rain penetrated in your camp, ruining all your gears.
If your destination is somewhere with unpredictable weather, then test out your motorcycle camp for water resistance beforehand.
Regardless of how hard your motorcycle tent frame is, it can still get deformed under extreme windy weather. So, the wind-resistant technology appeases a durable structure that allows your tent to stand brave against stormy weather.
With a wind-resistant camp frame, you can endure some of the extreme weather conditions, resulting in a joyful tour.
Your motorcycle camp’s weight contributes to the overall balancing of your motorcycle. The carrying space on a motorbike is typically limited, and hence you can’t bring bulky gears with you. It’s reasonable to get a motorcycle camp that comes in backpacking with low weight and volume. The 5Kg is the standard weight, and you should thrive for a motorcycle camp lighter than this weight.
You can also give some thoughts on the style of motorcycle camp. The motorcycle dome tents are quite in an uproar due to their popularity among the riders. You can also opt for the backpacking motorcycle camp as it is a space-efficient model for adventure riders.
One thing that you can’t dispense is the installation of your motorcycle camp. Please don’t get a tent with complicated set-up instructions as it can waste a reasonable amount of your precious time. A motorcycle camp that is easy to install and dismantle is the best tent for motorcyclists.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you carry a camp on a motorcycle?
The best pop motorcycle tents come with a compact frame that is easy to carry in a bag. There are also backpacking tents with proper backstraps to carry them. You can fasten the camp on the side of your motorcycle seat or hump it on your back using safety straps.
What are the best tents for camping?
The best and most reliable camps with exquisite value of their money involves;
- MSR Hubba Hubba NX dome camp
- Snugpak Scorpion 2 motorcycle camp
- Wild Country Zephyros tent
Are Coleman tents good quality?
The Coleman motorcycle tents yield the attributes of reliability and durability. And on top of all these defensive attributes, the Coleman motorcycle camps’ price is also reasonable.
What is the best cheap tent?
If you are on a financially restricted budget, then the Vango Nevis 200 and Vango soul tentare the appropriate choices. You can use it as your next motorcycle tent for an upcoming camping adventure.
What do you need for motorcycle camping?
When you consider motorcycle camping,multiple gears come in mins. Firstly, you need the safety motorcycle apparel and the camping equipment, including a motorcycle camp. You can also consider keeping a safety kit and other necessary equipment like an ignition kit, sleeping bag, and maintenance kit.
The motorcycle tent comes in handy if you are head over heels for the biking adventure. When you get a motorcycle camp for keeping your bike safe, make sure to get the best tent. Motorcycle touring is a far more frivolous and thrilling experience. Therefore, you can freely enjoy this feeling without worrying about your bike if you have a motorcycle tent.
You can opt for the waterproof motorcycle tent to keep your bike protected during a rainy night. The two-person tent and the dome tent are the apexes of the biking world. They present luxurious protection to you and your motorcycle. If you are going on an adventure with your community biker group, then the backpacking tents are more reasonable as they carry minimum space.
Al the camping tents in this guide are of premium quality and provide convenience during your tour. I hope this will contribute positively to your selection for getting a good tent for motorcycle adventures.